Used Camper Alert Thread

Hey Natjwest

It was nice to meet you today.

That is what the wi-fi is for (our customers).

We put the wi-fi in so customers getting service work done, getting new campers installed, camping in the parking lot (lol), or the smartphone users can have it.

:)

Have fun with the new camper.

It looks good !

I'm parked in the FWC parking lot in Woodland, getting ready to bed down for the night, and stealing their wi-fi!

Phew! After one shade-tree fuel filter replacement on the road and 16 1/2 hours after I left Portland, I'm parked in the FWC parking lot in Woodland, getting ready to bed down for the night, and stealing their wi-fi! Here's a grainy iPhone picture of the Grandby loaded in the seller's shop. More when I return to Portland.

I'm going to buy some miscellaneous bits from the factory tomorrow: a table leg (will do a dinette remodel soon), porta-potty and get some help lighting the fridge (a thousand sparks and no flame) as well as the furnace, and have Stan tell me how to run the power. Then homeward bound (with a possible stop to go mountain biking in Bend).

You made a great buy. It even has the factory roof racks, an awning, and 4 mechanical jacks. I would to like find a FWC that fits a Tacoma for that price, and in that kind of condition.

1990 Granby
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-Pop-Up-Camper-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb13aca07QQitemZ260671457799QQptZRVsQ5fCampers

As someone new to this forum, I am not sure this goes here, but I did want to link my purchase to natjwest's, in that his purchase led directly to mine.

As someone new to this forum, I am not sure this goes here, but I did want to link my purchase to natjwest's, in that his purchase led directly to mine.

Are you trying to say you bought his old camper?

Are you trying to say you bought his old camper?

I wish someone would buy that annoying monstrosity in my driveway. My Grandby is like a nano-camper compared to the 9 ft KIT.

No. Sorry to be anything but clear, rather, the gentleman who sold his camper to natjwest, had a friend who was selling his, and as I was the second caller on the camper that natjwest ended up with, I had first dibs on the friends camper. Purchased it on Friday, and while I have not gone through it fully, I trust that it will work well and while it was only a small story as to the purchase, I hope it will have many more stories to come. Thanks for this forum, and more to come.

No. Sorry to be anything but clear, rather, the gentleman who sold his camper to natjwest, had a friend who was selling his, and as I was the second caller on the camper that natjwest ended up with, I had first dibs on the friends camper. Purchased it on Friday, and while I have not gone through it fully, I trust that it will work well and while it was only a small story as to the purchase, I hope it will have many more stories to come. Thanks for this forum, and more to come.

So what did you get?

A Grandby. Dont know the year, but was told mid to late 90s. I am now the third owner. Just need to figure out a short/medium/long list of items I need to attend to and then put together a wish list. I may end up chatting with the guys at FWC about some of the items on the list. Natjwest: what was your response/impression at FWC? The reason I am asking is, it seems weird to me that they would be as supportive as they are with used units and mods, as they are in the business of selling new units. It is my own misgivings that give me this idea as stan@fourwheel has been nothing but helpful and forthcoming on this thread and on other threads. Thanks again for all your help on this forum.

A Grandby. Dont know the year, but was told mid to late 90s. I am now the third owner. Just need to figure out a short/medium/long list of items I need to attend to and then put together a wish list. I may end up chatting with the guys at FWC about some of the items on the list. Natjwest: what was your response/impression at FWC? The reason I am asking is, it seems weird to me that they would be as supportive as they are with used units and mods, as they are in the business of selling new units. It is my own misgivings that give me this idea as stan@fourwheel has been nothing but helpful and forthcoming on this thread and on other threads. Thanks again for all your help on this forum.

It's not wierd at all, just simple Good Customer Service - A very welcome misgiving if you ask me ;)

Hi Prof - John (the seller of my FWC) mentioned that "the other one" (apparently, the one you bought) needs more work than mine. Hopefully it isn't too much and you can get out and enjoy it asap.

Regarding FWC company help, I can only relate my experience which was amazingly helpful. Admittedly, the factory guys (Chicali primarily) were very busy so didn't hang out and shoot this **** for an hour, but Chicali did climb into the camper with me and look at a couple things. I had planned to buy some parts from them (trim, table legs, misc small stuff), so maybe that had something to do with it. But Chicali even dug up a trim-frame for my fantastic vent-fan, sold it to me cheap, even though I didn't ask for it. He told me not to buy the drill adapter for the jacks since it costs too much instead telling me how to make one myself (which I've done).

And as for Stan, he went way out of his way to help me and didn't get squat for any commission or anything. Just wanted me to have a great time with the camper. He spent about 30 minutes talking and pointing things out since I didn't have any manuals and had never owned an FWC. We talked about some fringe things like using my TorkLifts, etc.

My opinion is that they support second (and third and fourth) owners just as if we were the first owners. Wouldn't you expect good service from the company if you were the first owner, even if the camper was 20+ years old? I think that's how they see it too - the service goes with the camper.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12712369&cat=150&lpid=7&search=

For those interested in a Blazer-Four Wheel Combo.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12601477&cat=150&lpid=6&search=

Does not say, but it appears to be an older Grandby.

I have to say that the customer service is awesome. I bought a used camper and Stan, Terry , and Chicali have spent time emailing and answering phone calls from me .

They really seem happy to help.

From Prescott AZ Craiglist

Four Wheel Camper - $4500 (Cottonwood, AZ)

Date: 2010-10-06, 6:45PM MST
Reply to: sale-vpkht-1993011981@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1999 Four Wheel Camper, This is a pop up camper with aluminum frame, these campers are very strong but light weight. This unit fits full size truck with short bed. it is the Hawk model, includes sink, propane tank and stove, refrigerator, reico camper jacks, water storage, This unit is around 12,000 if bought new. Call John at 928-300-3761 or email john@cactusbull.com For more information on this camper go to fourwheelcampers.com

FWC for trade santa cruz?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/bar/1985542447.html

I have a very clean 2001 Fourwheel Eagle popup camper with limited use (fits Toyota Tacoma and other small trucks) that I would be willing to trade for the right VW Westfalia full camper. Looking for 1987 or newer camper with less than 130k miles. Must be in very good condition, have a clean title, not smoked in, and no pets. Please email me if there is interest.

FWC for trade?

Not mine, just posting.

Back
Top Bottom