Used Camper Alert Thread

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Boy these move fast,about an hour and sold.
Frank
ya it was a good price and appeared to be in great shape. if it was within 1,000 miles of me I would have tried to pick it up myself. everything lately has been on the west coast, which is a 46 hour drive each way from georgia ;(

I still cling to hope a used hawk will pop up that I can get to - but I'm getting closer to just ordering a new shell and waiting a year.

chief said:
ya it was a good price and appeared to be in great shape. if it was within 1,000 miles of me I would have tried to pick it up myself. everything lately has been on the west coast, which is a 46 hour drive each way from georgia ;(

I still cling to hope a used hawk will pop up that I can get to - but I'm getting closer to just ordering a new shell and waiting a year.
I'm right there in that boat with Ya. The one that popped up for sale near me I emailed them within a few minutes of it posting and the ad was just deleted. no word from them.

chief said:

If you find what you want here on the coast seems like it's worth the drive.
The return road trip would be great.

A year seems like a super long time to wait.
Good luck.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Boy these move fast,about an hour and sold.
Frank
If you want a 'deal' you should have your truck ready with tie downs installed, etc. and be ready to buy as soon as it pops up with at least a deposit.

If you try to negotiate, etc. I can almost guarantee it'll be gone. When I bought mine, I bought it sight unseen with only a few pictures. drove the next day to get it.

Good luck!

kmcintyre said:
If you want a 'deal' you should have your truck ready with tie downs installed, etc. and be ready to buy as soon as it pops up with at least a deposit.

If you try to negotiate, etc. I can almost guarantee it'll be gone. When I bought mine, I bought it sight unseen with only a few pictures. drove the next day to get it.

Good luck!
This is true, especially now more than ever.. long wait times for new ones.. people selling know what they have and some may be selling to make some money during these challenging times..

ski3pin said:
Yes, but I remember just a few years ago a 2001 FWC would go for $3000 to $3500
In the last few months I've seen at least a few ask more than they cost new 10+ years ago. Demand is growing, purchasing power of the dollar is falling. It's going to get wild over the next couple of years.

justbecause said:
In the last few months I've seen at least a few ask more than they cost new 10+ years ago. Demand is growing, purchasing power of the dollar is falling. It's going to get wild over the next couple of years.
I believe you are right on. Hyper inflation is right around the corner my friends!

Back
Top Bottom