Used Camper Alert Thread

purdytj said:
What do y'all with more experience think about the price of this one given its condition and age? I'd appreciate any wisdom. It would be worth it to me to make the 12 hour drive if it is fairly priced.

Thanks!!!
Seems a bit pricey for a 20 year old camper. No mention of any upgrades or $$$ spent on maintenance, although it looks pretty clean. Make sure there are no leaks and the 'canvas' is in good shape, and that everything works. For that price, it should.
Depending on where you live/camp, you may want to add a cold-weather liner.
Good luck, happy hunting.

"What do y'all with more experience think about the price of this one given its condition and age? I'd appreciate any wisdom. It would be worth it to me to make the 12 hour drive if it is fairly priced.

Thanks!!!"

It really depends on what condition it's in, what your needs are, and what it's worth to you. Looks unusually clean for a '95, which makes it a bit of a rarity so I'm not sure about the price. However, I can tell you it's a whole lot more affordable than a newer model similarly equipped. I think it's a Grandby based on the interior layout with storage cabinet to the rear of the rollover couch. Probably not wired for solar, but if you are happy with a 3-way fridge (looks like a 1.9 cu ft with no freezer) which runs primarily on propane you should be able to get by nicely with this. Also, it may not have hot water or an outdoor shower if that's important to you. Rollover couch turns into a 35 inch wide bed which can sleep one adult. Looks like there's a fantastic fan in the vent and a screen door, plus an awning, all of which will make for more comfortable camping. I'd have a long conversation with the owner before making the 12 hr drive to get details on what-all it's equipped with and (as Gussie mentioned) that everything's in good working order. If there's anything that needs fixing or if you want to add something (lift assists, arctic pack, rack, hot water, outdoor shower, etc) you could call the folks at FWC and maybe even try to arrange for a visit to their factory while you're down there to get some work done on it (though it's still high season for building campers, so that may be easier said than done).
Good luck!

purdytj said:
What do y'all with more experience think about the price of this one given its condition and age? I'd appreciate any wisdom. It would be worth it to me to make the 12 hour drive if it is fairly priced.

Thanks!!!
Looks like a really nice and very clean camper. My personal opinion is that its about $2000 more than I'd be willing to pay... But I'm a cheapskate!

2014 FWC Hawk $20K, Denver CO
http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/5147461152.html
Silver Spur edition front dinette, flush mounted appliances. If we were looking for a Hawk we'd probably have bought this one already (actually came close and called the seller, who seems like a straight-up guy, but also called FWC to get the details on the Hawk vs Grandby dimensions and this just won't fit our family).

This might be a price record if not a typo.

Four Wheel Camper with TOYOTA Tacoma TRD Truck - $76000 (Santee)

00k0k_1hwDSHTv3j_600x450.jpg

00v0v_dVORa7cYmaR_600x450.jpg

2014 toyota tacoma
fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

Virtually brand new 2014 Four Wheel Camper Fleet model mounted to a 2014 TOYOTA Tacoma Access Cab TRD Offroad Truck with 18,000 miles. Numerous custom modifications and after market parts complete the Tacoma along with a host of custom modifications to the camper. An extreme and very competent Overland vehicle set up for full time living if desired. Life style change forces sale and upon request a full list of components with photos is available.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

billharr said:
This might be a price record if not a typo.

Four Wheel Camper with TOYOTA Tacoma TRD Truck - $76000 (Santee)

00k0k_1hwDSHTv3j_600x450.jpg

00v0v_dVORa7cYmaR_600x450.jpg

2014 toyota tacoma
fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

Virtually brand new 2014 Four Wheel Camper Fleet model mounted to a 2014 TOYOTA Tacoma Access Cab TRD Offroad Truck with 18,000 miles. Numerous custom modifications and after market parts complete the Tacoma along with a host of custom modifications to the camper. An extreme and very competent Overland vehicle set up for full time living if desired. Life style change forces sale and upon request a full list of components with photos is available.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Well, to each his/her own. While we are not even remotely tempted, somebody somewhere may be wondering where this rig's been all his/her life. For our purposes, the truck's too small, the camper's too small. The only thing that isn't too small is the price tag.
Best of luck to the seller, and may there be a buyer out there who ends up stoked to have exactly this rig at this price.

Comes with beater truck. Looks like an older model FWC. May be a good combo, or sell truck and get the FWC! :D

chevy truck with four wheel camper - $5700 (vallejo / benicia)
1997 chevy truck with four wheel camper, 199,000 miles still runs strong, pass smog, and registered. 4x4 with mud and snow tires. Four Wheel Camper sleeps four and comes with refrigerator, two burner stoves, sink, and two lifting jacks.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5144097215.html

00w0w_hmCnIKEfDah_600x450.jpg

I like the photo of the trout stream in the craigslist ad:
00y0y_dkBo12tAM4R_600x450.jpg

Not sure what it has to do with the rig for sale, but it sure makes me want to go out fishing!

DoGMAtix said:
I like the photo of the trout stream in the craigslist ad:
Not sure what it has to do with the rig for sale, but it sure makes me want to go out fishing!
I think that's what they are trying to do. Make you want to go out there to that stream in THEIR BEATER TRUCK and FWC. ;)

G

Back
Top Bottom