Used Camper Alert Thread

Thanks to this forum I found the FWC I've been looking for. I've arranged to purchase the 2013 Fleet listed above in South Padre Island, TX. I'm excited about taking the road trip to go pick it up next month.

ethernectar said:
There's a Hawk Shell Model posted up on EXPO. I went by and looked at it today. Great price ($6000) and pretty good shape - interior didn't look like had much use. If I had a place to store it, I would have pulled the trigger.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/153296-Four-Wheel-Camper-FWC-Hawk-Shell-So-Cal
I got it!!! Super clean but a totally empty shell. Time for another interior design and fabrication. Anyone know where to get Cramer or Smev Cooktops and sinks here in the states? Stan?

2003 FWC Eagle + 2001 Chevy S-10 near Denver, CO:
http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/5420777260.html

We are upgrading to a larger FWC and are selling our Eagle. We are the second owners and purchased it from a senior couple in California on September 30, 2009. The former owner bought it new from the factory. It came on another vehicle, however we sold it and installed it on our S-10 in 2011. The S-10 carries it better as we have upgraded the suspension with heavy duty shocks, rear sway bar and rear air bags. The S-10 is in great shape having only ~73,000 miles. It was purchased from a retired diesel mechanic on October 14, 2007 with only 39,000 miles. It has been used mostly with the Eagle camper although we take the camper off for the winter months and store it under cover. This setup was never abused while off-roading. We mostly went back on forest service roads and only a few times had to use low range to get back in to where we wanted to camp. Twice we took cross-country trips and lived in the camper for 2-3 week stretches. It has been a great way to travel!

Some details on the Four Wheel Camper:
The Eagle has an extendable queen bed
2-Burner Stove and ~7lb propane bottle (I believe the bottle has only ever been refilled once in its life.)
Hand pump sink with ~8 gallon fresh water tank
All of the original interior parts including table
Four Hard Points used to remove the camper or for tying things down on the top.
Sliding front window
Fishing rod storage

Here are some details on the truck:
~73,000 mile; records of 3000 mile oil changes
I have complete records of the truck from when I bought it.
Very clean and comfortable
4.3L CPI engine gets 18 - 20 mpg and ALWAYS fire up in a snap - no matter what the weather
New-ish Goodyear Wrangler tires - one size over and ALWAYS rotated regularly
KYB Mono Shocks replaced the OEM shocks when I installed the camper
Helwig Rear Stabilizer Bar
Air Lift Ride Control Air Bags
Skid plates

Excellent for those who want an immediate camper set-up for off road camping!

Back
Top Bottom