Used Camper Alert Thread

theatv said:
Has anyone been able to contact the seller? The camper is listed under trailers which makes it hard to find and I've sent two emails. I'm local and could easily check out the camper.
I was able to connect and went and looked at it earlier this week. Nice guy, just not this right rig for us. Sounded like he had quite a bit of interest.

I hope the group can help me.

My insurance company did a valuation of my camper. I think what they provided is low. I gave them this forum, the Facebook group, and Stan’s name (at FWC recommendation), but it seems they did not use those sources. They used a 2013 Northstar and a 2012 Palomino Bronco as comps which I don’t think take into account the uniqueness and current desirability of FWC’s.

Without being influenced by what the insurance company estimated, I’m interested in the groups estimated value of my Fleet. What would this sell for today?

2012 Fleet
Rollover couch
Very good condition
Frig - Waeco compressor 65l
Furnace - I've upgraded the thermostat from the FWC one in the picture
Flush mount sink
Flush mount stove
Fantastic fan – 2
LED interior lights
Yakima tracks – full length
200w solar
Batteries – 2
Rear wall steps
Mechanical jacks

Attachments

• unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 83
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 91
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 94
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 68
campito said:

My insurance company did a valuation of my camper. I think what they provided is low. I gave them this forum, the Facebook group, and Stan’s name (at FWC recommendation), but it seems they did not use those sources. They used a 2013 Northstar and a 2012 Palomino Bronco as comps which I don’t think take into account the uniqueness and current desirability of FWC’s.

Without being influenced by what the insurance company estimated, I’m interested in the groups estimated value of my Fleet. What would this sell for today?

2012 Fleet
Rollover couch
Very good condition
Frig - Waeco compressor 65l
Furnace - I've upgraded the thermostat from the FWC one in the picture
Flush mount sink
Flush mount stove
Fantastic fan – 2
LED interior lights
Yakima tracks – full length
200w solar
Batteries – 2
Rear wall steps
Mechanical jacks
I'd say that would go for 20-25k easily, looks super clean. A 2005 Hawk with similar addons was recently listed and (likely) sold for 15k.

If it were me, to prove the point, I'd make a mock add on CL for what you think it's worth and list your insurance guy's number in the contact info. I bet people would be blowing him up pretty quick and he'd get the idea.

Maybe it's time to change insurance companies.
I have Allstate and they only asked what I thought
would be the replacement value was.At the time a few years ago
I gave them a value of 12k.

Frank

campito said:

My insurance company did a valuation of my camper. I think what they provided is low . . .
When I insured my 1951 Dodge Power Wagon what I did was provide the insurance company recent ads for vehicles for sale similar to mine and what they sold for. I think I gave them 10. I also included a couple of PWs that were 'rough' and what they sold for.
We had no problem getting to an agreed value.

Back
Top Bottom