Used Camper Alert Thread

FWC sells extension plates. Got ours from Mule Outfitters. I’m sure you could easily make them too.

justbecause said:
My plan is to put a mid size camper in a 3/4 ton. I have wondered about how to get the jacks to clear. I wonder how well that just flat plate works. I would expect some sort of bracing would be needed

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Just my opinion,not impressed with this camper.

When was the last FWC Eagle made?
Seems like a 2016 is too new for the Eagle.
Frank
It needs a lot of work IMHO. Look at the interior (my 2001 has that white plastic on the inside and it's barely coming off) where the front is; the white plastic is a mess. I can't tell what shape the vinyl is in, it must weigh a lot w/ the wood counter top, repainted and the roof doesn't look original either.... lots of questions if I was going to purchase.

2014 Tundra with a Hawk (I think shell model) for 59k. KBB private party on that truck is 27-31k, have we reached peak popup camper pricing yet?

Who knows!

I started looking for a pop up truck camper in early January. Between the expense/long lead times for new ones, payload issues with the Tacomas (honestly don’t know how anybody even pretends to be under their limits), lead times for suspension work, and overall insane level of competition and ridiculous pricing for 15+ year old junkers ... went with a brand-new 16’ tow behind with an off-road package.

Two trips under our belt (one down a junky forest service road, the other to an RV park) and couldn’t be happier to be out in the road rather than chasing pipe dreams.

I’ll revisit the truck camper in a few years when I have a bigger truck and things have settled down. But right now it’s just not worth it for what you get, IMHO.

FranklinHaith said:
Who knows!

I started looking for a pop up truck camper in early January. Between the expense/long lead times for new ones, payload issues with the Tacomas (honestly don’t know how anybody even pretends to be under their limits), lead times for suspension work, and overall insane level of competition and ridiculous pricing for 15+ year old junkers ... went with a brand-new 16’ tow behind with an off-road package.

Two trips under our belt (one down a junky forest service road, the other to an RV park) and couldn’t be happier to be out in the road rather than chasing pipe dreams.

I’ll revisit the truck camper in a few years when I have a bigger truck and things have settled down. But right now it’s just not worth it for what you get, IMHO.
I'm curious about which tow behind you picked up? I've been considering the same for similar and other reasons.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, so apologies to the moderators or others that are looking for truck campers. I’ll shut up after I respond re: tow behind.

SunRay 149 by Sunset Park trailers. Added solar/extra battery, awning, and off road package (lift/bigger wheels).

justbecause said:
I'm actually surprised there's not a whole industry of made in China slide ins yet like there are for rooftop tents. Everyone and his mom has a rooftop tent brand these days with the same product. I'm sure within a year the Alibaba slide ins will be all over insta. As someone who used to do some private labelling out of China I would nevereverever do a product like this over there without a team on the ground (that said I'd just never do a product over there again - stopped my stuff long before COVID due to ethical and other concerns)

Anyways, apologize for commenting in the alert thread.

Clappe said:
Thanks to your post we will be the future owners of this awesome camper!!! My husband is heading down from Tacoma wa to SLC to pick it up. Can’t wait!!
Awesome! So glad I could help! Looks clean.

Back
Top Bottom