Used Camper Alert Thread

Called with credit card in hand. It was sold yesterday to a guy from Phili, for $3000!

Oh man, what a deal. Wish I had caught the listing yesterday when it was posted here on WTW, as it did not sell till later in the day.

The guy at the RV store was really bummed, said he had no idea what he had. No kidding, $3,000 for a loaded '07 Hawk.

I also called this morning with credit card in hand. It makes me wonder how legit the deal was. The RV dealership seemed on the up and up, but how could they post all the specs yet not know the value?

You can take some consolation in the fact that it wasn't really "loaded". It didn't have a furnace, refer or water heater... (I know, not much consolation, but I'm trying...)

Guys,
It was a scam. Every dealer (even those in the South) know how to use the internet to get the value of what they're selling.

Guys,
It was a scam. Every dealer (even those in the South) know how to use the internet to get the value of what they're selling.

Do tell.

I called on it several days ago, and it had "just sold" as a guy had come in to the dealership and put a $1000 down payment on it.

Guys,

Possibly... or they could have straight off of Kelly Blue Book or NADA Guide to determine value, which is way below supply & demand value. I've seen that happen with a FWC on a car dealer's lot myself - :)

I think it had a heater, I noticed the inside venting for it. But it could have been something else as I am mostly looking at the shell models.

The guy was pretty upset when I called, and he wanted to know what was so special about it. He also asked where I was calling from, he was intrigued by all the calls from around the country.

If you were a dealer who was used to dealing with 1M rv's and fancy campers, a FWC would seem small and pretty rough.

Personally I do not think it was a scam, people get lazy or busy and things fall through the cracks.

Hey boys,
I'm posting for the first time. I've been lurking for months. Found this site to be useful and enjoy reading all of your posts. I recently purchased the Hawk for sale in Picanyune,MS. So, I figured I'd let you guys know Overland Hadley is right. I purchased it for the price advertised. Although, I don't know all of the features and options the camper has in it. It seems to me the Rv dealer did a cut and paste from the FWC site. For what its worth I didn't think they had a clue what a FWC is all about.... Because if you look closely at the ad you will see under features it claims to be both a reg/extended roof. I thought the pictures were super clean and for once in my life decided to roll the dice. I thought either way its priced right. Shipper will be in Pa. wed. night. I'm looking forward to putting my personal touches on that bad boy.
Cheers,
Longboardcr

Hey boys,
I'm posting for the first time. I've been lurking for months. Found this site to be useful and enjoy reading all of your posts. I recently purchased the Hawk for sale in Picanyune,MS. So, I figured I'd let you guys know Overland Hadley is right. I purchased it for the price advertised. Although, I don't know all of the features and options the camper has in it. It seems to me the Rv dealer did a cut and paste from the FWC site. For what its worth I didn't think they had a clue what a FWC is all about.... Because if you look closely at the ad you will see under features it claims to be both a reg/extended roof. I thought the pictures were super clean and for once in my life decided to roll the dice. I thought either way its priced right. Shipper will be in Pa. wed. night. I'm looking forward to putting my personal touches on that bad boy.
Cheers,
Longboardcr

Congrats and welcome. You scored the one of the best deals I've ever seen. Post some pics if you can when you get it set up.

Congrats and welcome. You scored the one of the best deals I've ever seen. Post some pics if you can when you get it set up.

x2 :)

Longboardcr,

Good for you! It is good to know that someone got a deal and that it wasn't a scam. I'd love to see more pictures and an update as you "unwrap" your new toy.

Hey boys,
Cheers,
Longboardcr

x3

You got one hell of a deal! Congratulations!

Thanks for all the kind messages. Buying campers sight unseen and using shipping companies I know nothing about is a little crazy but hopefully all will work out. I will update all of you with some picks for sure.
Sun man I have to tell you your trip report of Baja got the blood flowing and jump started my thirst for some real adventure. Looking forward to hitting scorpian bay as well.

Great buy! If you want a good deal on a FWC or similar then you have to be willing to buy one sight unseen. If you wait even a hour or two it will be gone. I looked for months before I bought my 94 FWC Ranger II with fridge, heater, jacks and aux battery within about 10 minutes of it being posted on CL from a guy in Denver for $1000. When I called and told him I would wire or next day air him the money he was shocked that I did not want to see the camper first. I asked "Is it in good shape". He said "Very good shape" and that was it. At the time FWC was only about 15 miles away from me in Riverside and I figured there wasn't anything I couldn't fix for not a lot of money. The seller also agreed for a 3 week window for pick up. For shipping I went to uship.com and posted pick up and destination zip codes and a photo with a description to the camper. Within a week I had received several bids and wound up paying $700 for delivery to my door. I have used uship several times now for machinery and boats and it works very well if have a window of dates to work with. When my camper arrived it was in far better shape then I imagined with very little use. I washed the outside and vacuumed the inside and hooked the wires and hold downs to my truck and headed out for a test trip.

If you are truly in the market for pop up camper like these then you have to be checking the internet almost hourly and be ready to pull the trigger instantly when a good deal shows up.

CWD

Absolutely the best deal yet, congratulations. It's nice to see someone get the best of an RV dealer instead of the other way around.

Hi everyone,

Just want to say that this forum has been super.
I'm looking to buy a granby for a 2004 Ford f-350. I looked at the fwc site about sizing. I suppose I'm just looking for some clarification on what years would fit the truck.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi everyone,

Just want to say that this forum has been super.
I'm looking to buy a granby for a 2004 Ford f-350. I looked at the fwc site about sizing. I suppose I'm just looking for some clarification on what years would fit the truck.

Thanks for any help you can give.

It would be best to start a new thread with your questions, you will get more answers and it will keep this thread on track.

And welcome to WTW!

Hi,
New to the site, looked at this 1977 Fleet ($995) today for my 2005 Tundra, nice fit, nice price, but plenty of mold and mildew. front springboard needs replacement. Interior is rough. Probably will need to replace canvas and headliner to really take care of the mold. FWC quoted me over $1700 for the canvas replacement. I'm going to pass, but I'm sure someone will snatch it up.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/rvs/2185281605.html

Back
Top Bottom