used four wheel

marty

A Great Guy
I have two used four wheel campers, only one is ready for sale now. myself and partners came from four wheels past and now we build our own brand of campers. I have a refurbished keystone that is ready to go now. the campers i build are called all terrain campers , you guys have a great site here
marty

All Terrain

Boy, if I hadn't read the website title I would have swore I was looking at a Four Wheel Camper! Though, you do have a very nice looking product. Are all these custom made? What is your wait time for product construction? Perhaps I should email your company directly. This is a FWC forum after all!:D

all terrain

Wait time varies. We currently have two campers done. An 8' one and a 6.5' one for full size trucks. The campers are not really custom built. We have a base plan for each camper and then you can add options to that.

To build a camper for a customer takes 2 to 3 weeks.

Just to let you know, besides myself, we have Jeff Wyant with us, he is the old production manager of Four Wheel Camper for over 25 years.

We also have the old owner of Four Wheel Campers with us, Ben Burnett.

We can do repairs on any Four Wheel Campers that are out there currently.

Four Wheel still makes a great product but from what I have been reading on different sites, the service department doesn't seem to be at the level that it used to be. Considering that we used to be the service department at Four Wheel should give the customers that are familer with us the type of customer commitment that we have had in the past and have brought over with us today.

How Big, How much?

What is the size and model of the used camper you have forsale? Price range?
Thanks...Dennis...

used camper for sale

We have a Keystone model. This one is 9'3"

We have redone the bottom of the camper so that it will fit the newer trucks with a narrower tailgate opening than the old ones that the camper was made to fit.

I would recommend that the camper be installed on a long bed truck only, 3/4 ton would be ideal.

Besides a new floor pack on the camper, we also replaced the water system in the camper and the electrical system. The rest of the camper is in great shape, no tears or holes anywhere.

The camper is also fully loaded. It has a 4 burner stove, electric water pump, 3 cubic foot refer with freezer and a heater.

Price of the camper is 4500.00

We will also have a Grandby for sale in about 3 to 4 weeks. It will be refitted also to fit the newer trucks, will have a new liner installed and will be gone through completly with any problems fixed or replaced.

The price on the Grandby when it is done will also be 4500.00

Don't take this the wrong way, but how are you going about selling an exact copy of the 4WC's? Looks great and all though.

Not taken the wrong way at all. While the campers look very much the same there are differences in them. One is the extended bed is standard on our now at no extra charge.

We have kept the 8" profile with our camper while FWC has increased thier profile to 11".

We have kept the weight of our camper down while FWC has increased thiers, they just won't admit it yet and havent changed any of thier specs to update them. Just simple logic, you can't increase the size of the camper and keep it the same weight.

We have done some minor upgrades to the cabinet work that we believe is more user friendly now than what we used to do at FWC.

There are other small changes that we have done based on customer feedback over the years at FWC and our extensive use of the camper ourselves. Not only do we build them but we aslo use them and don't just sit in the office telling you how great they are without knowing it first hand.

Last but not least, I truly believe that we will beat FWC with customer satisfaction and our commitment to the our customer over the years.

Too high

I like the idea of the low profile. The problem I have with my Sportsmobile because it's a 4X4 is the overall height. Almost 100 inches to the top of the Yakima racks. That is without the top up. With lifted pickups of various sizes I would think the lower to the ground the less chance to run into tree branches and such. That's if your doing any real off roading in the woods. If all you do is drive on the highway or in the desert height wouldn't be much of a problem. With the lower height do you lose any head room?

It sounds like you guys have a winner. You've taken a great product and improved it. I have a 2001 Ranger on my '95 T-100. I bought used and love it but I can see when I upgrade my truck where my next camper will be coming from. Good luck I hope you can stay in biz and be a sucessful.
Jay

You do lose some head room. The height inside the camper with the top up on our models is 6'3". For most people this is fine but I have had a couple of customers that had to duck inside the camper.

Most people are outside when camping and this has not been a major concern over all. Even when you are in the camper, unless you are cooking you are usually sitting down anyway.

Good to hear Marty!

Question for you. I got the shell model and have been kinda kicking myself that I didn't go with the full eagle (for my tacoma) because of the sink and stove. Would there be some way I could get the section with the sink and stove, etc? Or something along those lines? I can do the install myself, but just currious because I'd like to have those along with the storage. Since wieght is always an issue, it'd be nice to use the same wood used in my camper and the campers you build. You can email me at oly884 AT gmail.com or just post a reply. thanks in advance.

Yes we can probably put together a cabinet for the camper. When you get a chance give us a call at 800-446-1003 and we can discuss the options for doing that.

Ben

Yes we can probably put together a cabinet for the camper. When you get a chance give us a call at 800-446-1003 and we can discuss the options for doing that.

Ben
I'll be calling you guys tomorrow to see what we can do.

I've been looking at the All Terrain Camper website. I am 6'6" tall (78") and like the idea of the longer 48" x 82" extened bed that you have as standard. I think my feet will hang off the end of Four Wheel's standard size bed.

How does this work with the smaller Bobcat/Eagle sized model? If you go across the width of the truck, the camper will be much wider than, for instance, a Tacoma which is 69" wide total. Is the Bobcat much wider than the truck, or, do you have a front to back bed for this model like the Eagle does?

Any chance of raising the interior height to 7' like Outfitter?

Last but not least, I truly believe that we will beat FWC with customer satisfaction and our commitment to the our customer over the years.

That won't be hard. Respond to emails and that job is done.

bed size

yes the bob cat bed goes front to back, there is a slide out section that rests under the foam and pulls out when you want to make the bed. however as tall as you are i think i would make the slide out a bit longer and the upper storage shorter if not at all. and our camper that size is 72" out side and 70 inside with the bed overhang over the cab is 47 to 48" depending on how you measure it. have a nice day,
Marty Austin

I've been looking at the All Terrain Camper website. I am 6'6" tall (78") and like the idea of the longer 48" x 82" extened bed that you have as standard. I think my feet will hang off the end of Four Wheel's standard size bed.

How does this work with the smaller Bobcat/Eagle sized model? If you go across the width of the truck, the camper will be much wider than, for instance, a Tacoma which is 69" wide total. Is the Bobcat much wider than the truck, or, do you have a front to back bed for this model like the Eagle does?

Any chance of raising the interior height to 7' like Outfitter?

What Marty forgot to say in his reply to you is that there is no chance to raise the interior to 7' unless we raise the walls themselves. It could possibly be done, just a matter of cost and materials. Also with the bed lengthened to fit your height, there wouldn't be much room in the camper at all with the bed made up. Just something to consider if looking at buying the smaller camper instead of the full size model.

If you have any other questions though, just give us a call at 800-446-1003. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our campers or even the Four Wheel Campers.

Sincerely,
Ben

Back
Top Bottom