Used Thermal Pack?

shear

After my recent trip and all of the condensation I got in the camper each night I'm starting the search for a thermal pack.

They're upwards of $900 new for my fleet which currently is a bit out of my budget due to house projects. Anyone ever had luck with finding them used?

Thanks

Wandering Sagebrush said:
My 2¢. I’m a thermal pack advocate, but you’re still going to have condensation to deal with. You can also make your own.
Yeah I know we’ll still have moisture…hoping this would aid at least a little.

Not terribly adept with a sewing machine or I would try.

shear said:
Not terribly adept with a sewing machine or I would try.
if you can open your FWC, you can use a sewing machine.
I got one over ten years ago, have used to make my own camera straps, shorts out of my old fatigues, hemming curtains for my wife.......
currently working on my own "thermal pack", Im basically cutting fabric (fabric shears a must) and sewing velcro hook material .
not pretty, but hope it works. I'm under $100 in materials, using 90% wool blankets. Will test this coming winter.

thermal pack would be nice, but Im budget deficient as well.

When used ones show, they get snatched as fast as the Raven that posted on Craigs last night for 5k.

F6UD
F6UF
F6UG
F6UI

Interesting - never used a sewing machine. I’ll be curious how it performs for you! I do like the window openings in the factory ones - which I imagine would take a bit more work.

shear said:
I do like the window openings in the factory ones - which I imagine would take a bit more work.
I was going to do window openings with the flaps going up (opposite of the existing ones), that way I could have used the velcro strip at top of windows. As I was measuring, I realized when opening windows I could just roll the new liner and save myself the "complexity", also less chance of the material ripping.
If I had the budget, I would buy FWC's artic pak. The savings should pay for the gas to go skiing a few times in Tahoe.

Back
Top Bottom