Video: Cabezon Peak Volcanic Field, New Mexico

Bosque Bill

There is a new video posted on Bosque Bill's Backroads travel & camping blog.

Happy New Year. Let's hope 2021 is a better, healthier year for us all.

As you no doubt know I skipped travel and camping last season. I'm hopeful I will be able to get out on those backroads safely this season. I captured the video last May on a day-trip.

Here's a short (minute & a half) video of a landmark many of you may have seen if you've driven between Albuquerque and the Four Corners, Cabezon Peak. It's even visible from the foothills of the Sandia Mountains on a clear day.

Watching full-screen on YouTube is recommended as the video is in 4K UHD.

Video and description:

Full description and blog post: Video: Cabezon Peak Volcanic Field

Feel free to post comments and/or questions here or on YouTube. (Sometimes comments on blogspot seem to go awry.)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Bill the peaks are they the core from the last eruption and the rest of the mountain has eroded away?
Thanks for the video.
Frank
If I remember what I've read the lava necks we see now as peaks were below ground when the volcanoes were active - everything else eroded away.

Thanks for your comment, Frank and JWL.

Very high quality video of a fascinating place, Bill. I appreciate you doing this in less than 2 minutes. 'Lookie Thar!' videos should be short and to the point -- exactly like yours. (I will sit for an hour long interesting video on botany, archeology or such.)

You made me want to plan a visit to Cabezon Peak sooner than later.

Thanks

Tony

Back
Top Bottom