Vintage Fleet Interior Remodel

John C

Advanced Member
I thought long and hard before I made any changes to my early 80s era vintage fleet. A shell model, the previous owner had done an excellent job on the mods he did (which was one reason I bought it in the first place) but it was still very basic. he installed pressure water but just to a hose bib at the tailgate, lots of storage but accessed only by removing the seat cushions. I do most of my cooking outside but wanted the inside option with a sink for inclement wx and a coupe of side opening cabinets.

this is what I started with

OK its not letting me attach any pics (file size too large) gotta figure this out. more soon

I thought long and hard before I made any changes to my early 80s era vintage fleet. A shell model, the previous owner had done an excellent job on the mods he did (which was one reason I bought it in the first place) but it was still very basic. he installed pressure water but just to a hose bib at the tailgate, lots of storage but accessed only by removing the seat cushions. I do most of my cooking outside but wanted the inside option with a sink for inclement wx and a coupe of side opening cabinets.

this is what I started with

OK its not letting me attach any pics (file size too large) gotta figure this out. more soon

I guess I should of read the instructions on this website first! P1010058.jpg

Attachments

• P1010054.jpg
    P1010054.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 487
  • P1010057.jpg
    P1010057.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 419
Here is the galley cabinet installed. the doors dont fit as flush as I would like (I could never make it as a cabinetmaker, a sixteenth here, a thitysecond there etc and pretty soon you have a crappy fit) but they work and the latches do keep them closed on the road.P1010012.jpg

I am not really happy with the faucet (really wanted a marine style extendable shower head type) but it was a package deal with the sink and stove (still spendy) and it does fold flat which is required and since Aery Corp doesnt offer SMEV support anymore (at least they dont answer my inquiries) I guess I am stuck.

Still have to solve drain problem (supplied fitting doesnt fit) and decide on grey water holding system but it is basically done.P1010009.jpg

Attachments

• P1010011.jpg
    P1010011.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 412
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 381

Back
Top Bottom