Vinyl repair adhesive

Skeeter

I am finally tackiling the repair of my vinyl and I couldnt recall what the name of the two part adhesive that is used to apply the vinyl patches. Marty sent the material but for the life of me cannot recall what you use. Does anyone know what would be the best adhesive for the job? Thanks- Joel

I am finally tackiling the repair of my vinyl and I couldnt recall what the name of the two part adhesive that is used to apply the vinyl patches. Marty sent the material but for the life of me cannot recall what you use. Does anyone know what would be the best adhesive for the job? Thanks- Joel

What you need is the two-part PVC adhesive as used on a PVC dinghy.
You can find it at West Marine. Be sure you get the PVC kit and not the Hypalon kit.

Thanks, I looked up Westmarine online and they have it for around $70. I will shop around, I remeber Marty saything that it should be about $40 or so. Cheaper than replacement!

I finnished my repair of the botched job the previous owner did trying to patch up the corners that a critter chewed through. He used clear vinyl and spray painted it to match the color. The prep work of cleaning the liner took about 4 hours of scubbing. The glue worked excellent and I am very satisfied with the results.

Here is the link for the gallery. My link

Thanks Marty for the vinyl and suggestions!

Thanks Scott, I felt that I needed to contribute and give back. I got so much useful information on this fourm. My next project is removing the back wings and replacing the siding on the front and back. Thats what happens when you get a fixer upper. How do you like your new rig?

How do you like your new rig?

Haven't used it yet, big mixed feelings: it isn't going down many old logging roads! I think my sons and I will be picking this up for tent camping.

But after seeing your fix, I won't hesitate if just the right Grandby shell comes up for sale near me, either! Well, after the newness of the 5er wears off, that is...

Back
Top Bottom