Vinyl wrap

mcgee

Advanced Member
Hi everyone!
I was wondering about off setting my all white Bobcat with maybe a stripe to break up the look. I do not have any experience with this and was wondering if any of you have done this? Is there a more preferred vinyl over another?

Thank you,
Mcgee

Hi,
My entire camper is wrapped, closely matches my truck. 3m is the brand. Had it done locally (Bozeman, MT). Has been wrapped all but one month of its 5 years. The driver side was replaced this past year, and the front facing section over the cab twice. Not super expensive to maintain.
I would think a small accent would be reasonable in price and maintenance would be negligble.
w

Thanks for your responses! Been doing a search on vinyl wraps. There's a lot out there. Looking to so just a stripe on one of the panels around the camper.

Hi mcgee,

I did a full rebuild which entailed replacing the siding. I wanted to do something about plain white sides as well. So I taped off the sections to create a stripe around the circumference like on most FWCs, and wiped the siding down good with alcohol, then applied rustoleum primer, and then paint from rattle cans. It’s held up nicely now for over 5 years. Here’s a link to my build.

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/12116-full-build-reconstructing-a-1981-grandby-into-a-custom-hawk/page-4

Poky

Thanks PokyBro for that idea! Looks great! Oh, BTW, your build is fantastic!!
I like what you did with the jack brackets. My Bobcat which I recently obtained does not have brackets for jacks, so the jacks that came with it just slide under each corner. VERY nerve racking to say the least. I'm thinking of doing exactly what you did, but not sure about the strength of the corners. Im sure there are not the same as what you did. I'll call Marty and ask him if I can add some.

Thanks again to all that responded.
Mcgee

New stripes and curtains today. Still working on figuring out how to get the pic's to load.
med_gallery_9043_1512_532993.jpg
med_gallery_9043_1512_1279233.jpg
med_gallery_9043_1512_1543481.jpg

Back
Top Bottom