Virginia Pass - August 2017

With that kind of fitness level, you won't be using it often! :)

Seriously, the combination of remote/dry camping and hiking is the kind of thing I am looking for. We have been hiking and camping in National Parks for decades, and want to explore different territory. So far, much of what I have found that is off of "gravel" and dirt roads is former logging/oil/exploration and not geared towards hiking.

So, a combo like this description that you just posted is ideal! Thanks!

Vic

Vic, this use is why we got our camper and it excels. I love being able to park at a trailhead for 5 days of backpacking and come back to a fridge full of cold goods and we're off again. The east side of the Sierra is great for day hikes. Closer to you, look at access to the Paseytan Wilderness from the Methow Valley and up over Hart Pass. The Lost River (flows into the Methow) is wonderful to fly fish. There is so much to explore out there. We're trying to do our part to get 'er done. :)

Ski & Julie, another great report. Such beauty. The fires are getting worse.

Medicare, yes another phase of our life. Julie embrace your retirement.

Life is good in the mountains. jd

Every now and then I run across remnants of old roads and trails and wonder where they once went. Very cool to see where one was rediscovered. Probably not a lot of people who know the Fordyce trail was rediscovered in a similar way. Such beautiful country.

Great fun to follow this one on familiar terrain.
You both are fitness buffs and I see the Lady is adapting to her hiking poles.
As always, thanks for the wonderful writing and photography.

Thanks for the post, I have re-found several abanodned trails thourgh my career, that's surely a highlight. Thanks for being able to live with the wildfire smoke, something we're going to have to expect if we are going to be out and about in the west in the summer going into the future.

Thank you all, once again for your kind comments on our travel stories. We are all lucky to have wonderful close by spots to visit and experience.

Lighthawk, we sure try to keep our fitness levels up. Fitness is freedom to explore, discover, and see what's around the next corner. Fitness is also health. The Lady is adapting well to her "sticks", as she calls them. Experience is teaching her how best to use them. After four knee surgeries and now bone on bone in both knees, it is amazing what she can still do. Years ago she gave up running and competing against the boys basketball team in the annual teachers vs. varsity game to save the knees for what she really enjoys.

Lighthawk said:
Great fun to follow this one on familiar terrain.
You both are fitness buffs and I see the Lady is adapting to her hiking poles.
As always, thanks for the wonderful writing and photography.

Back
Top Bottom