Wanderer new to WTW, looking for a FWC

Gerdo

Advanced Member
I'm new to WTW but not to wandering. I'm an avid outdoors man: camping, backpacking, wheeling, rock climbing, mountaineering, cycling and more. My wife and I love to travel. We have been doing our expeditions in my 2000 4runner but it can be a little tight. I also built a teardrop trailer but it can be tight too. I'm thinking that we need a truck camper. The FWC and ATC look like what we need. Light weight so when exploring trails we aren't going to fall over. This will go on my 98 F250 light duty short bed.

Locally I have found a couple of low priced FWC long bed models. They are older units that are the wider 64" and I would need to modify to make it fit. It sounds like newer trucks/FWC are 58" (my tailgate is 60"). I'm thinking older so I can gut it and build what I want.

any advice would be helpful.

I'm new to WTW but not to wandering. I'm an avid outdoors man: camping, backpacking, wheeling, rock climbing, mountaineering, cycling and more. My wife and I love to travel. We have been doing our expeditions in my 2000 4runner but it can be a little tight. I also built a teardrop trailer but it can be tight too. I'm thinking that we need a truck camper. The FWC and ATC look like what we need. Light weight so when exploring trails we aren't going to fall over. This will go on my 98 F250 light duty short bed.

Locally I have found a couple of low priced FWC long bed models. They are older units that are the wider 64" and I would need to modify to make it fit. It sounds like newer trucks/FWC are 58" (my tailgate is 60"). I'm thinking older so I can gut it and build what I want.

any advice would be helpful.

Welcome to the group.You might check out Brandon under the four wheel group page 4.He has a hawk model that he wants to sell.It is a build project.Might work out.

Frank

Welcome to WTW!

Have you considered buying a shell model and building the interior to fit you needs?

I have. I might want the bigger challenge of rehabbing an old one.

Back
Top Bottom