Warm batteries

Mr. Prescott

Advanced Member
Went from a single battery Eagle to a double battery Fleet. The batteries seem to get warm when driving and set up camp. Is there anyone who has had this problem, or is it a problem?

Let me know thanks - Batteries are 5 years old.

72 Degree F. Felt very warm not hot - Yes by plugging into outlet for an evening and driving the next day 500 miles. Is it safe to use camper?

This could be a sign that your batteries are being overcharged or in poor condition. Once the batteries reach their full state of charge, and extra power put into them is turned into heat, which can eventually cause gassing and damage the batteries. Older batteries that may have sulfanated to some degree also have higher internal resistance, which can cause them to get warm under high load or during higher current charging.

I would check that your charging systems are putting out the right voltage, and if so then test your batteries - chances are they need ti be replaced. Either way, it is safe to use the camper, but I would not leave it plugged into shore power for long periods.

Mr. Prescott said:
72 Degree F. Felt very warm not hot - Yes by plugging into outlet for an evening and driving the next day 500 miles. Is it safe to use camper?
I'm assuming you have the "factory" Iota dls-30 charger, and IQ4?

Back
Top Bottom