Warner Mountains - June 2020

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
We returned home from our quick trip over to western Nevada and the eastern Sierra for a surgical interlude. It was time to heal up so we headed north. Our first destination was the Warner Mountains. The story is posted to our blog and can be found here -

Warner Mountains - June 2020

Please enjoy tagging along. :)

Boy you guys did it again-you found some place in my back yard that I have not been to yet :D! Now I have to go to Vee Lake once the smoke clears up here-how were the mosquitoes up there anyway? Enjoyed your TP.. Have you guys ever taken Hogback road from Plush to 395 just north of Lake Albert-since you are going to force me to head into that country before I get to old, I've been driving past that cut-off on 395 for years and saying "I wonder if there is anything to see on it (anyone else ever been on there)? Again thanks for taking us along.

Smoke.

Smokecreek1 said:
Boy you guys did it again-you found some place in my back yard that I have not been to yet :D! Now I have to go to Vee Lake once the smoke clears up here-how were the mosquitoes up there anyway? Enjoyed your TP.. Have you guys ever taken Hogback road from Plush to 395 just north of Lake Albert-since you are going to force me to head into that country before I get to old, I've been driving past that cut-off on 395 for years and saying "I wonder if there is anything to see on it (anyone else ever been on there)? Again thanks for taking us along.

Smoke.
Smoke, thanks for the nice comment! We looked at taking the Hogback Road but went a little different route as we continued. Skeeters were too bad. We lived through it. :)

Occidental said:
I drove the hogback road this spring returning from picking sunstones. I'd like to go back to a side trip to the rabbit hills and coyote hills. They looked interesting. I know the coyote hills live up to their name as we heard them.

Link to that tr:

https://www.occidentalist.org/searching-for-sunstones-2020/
From Vee Lake we looked across at the Coyote Hills and they show in one photo. There are are some nice steep walled arroyos out in that direction making for really interesting terrain.

Nice sunstones! :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Very nice .Nice cool weather and great views.
What fun to watch the bald and the night hawks.
Were they the "..Night hawks at the diner?"
Thanks
Frank
Frank, thanks again for your nice comments. Lots of other bird life at Vee Lake, plovers and killdeer and waterfowl. Mom merganser had a long line of chicks on the water.

Back
Top Bottom