Water heater leaks

11chuck

has anyone had the tank on there water heater leak? I believe its the tank it is coming from between the tank and the outer wall. Will 4wheel replace this if it is still within the manufacturer warranty?

Don't panic. It happened to me a few years ago when I was out in the desert-started leaking, then when I hit the pump the water streamed right out of one of the valves and on to the ground. I made it in to Susanville and found the one qualified mecnic (while thinking of all the things that could be wrong,) "Who said Oh, when was the last time you cleaned out the HW tank-what said I-cleaned it out what -never". So he pulled the tank out and started to clean it out, and I never seen so much stuff come out, he put it back in and put a new valve on and I headed right back out in the field. So, according to the manual this job requires someone that knows what to do, so If I were you I would give a call to WCW first, but if you have access to a good RV mecnec see him and maybe save a trip to the WCW shop. My camper was about five years old when this happened, so just another thing I missed when I read all the manuals-just more things to learn. So, maybe it could be something else, but these camper are pretty well made, but for sure have someone that knows what they are doing check it out, maybe something else is wrong. Good luck, and hope all you need is a good cleaning!:LOL:

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom