Water meter stuck at 2/3

jackyblack

My water tank meter stopped going below 2/3. So I fill, it shows full. As I use water it goes down to 2/3. Eventually I run out of water (especially first time it caught me by surprise) and it still shows 2/3 full. I followed the wiring and couldn't find a problem. Also checked the meter display unit for obvious problems.

How does this sensor actually work? There seem to be just some wires going to the side of the tank, and only one wire going to the display.

Has anybody seen anything like this? What is/was/could be the issue?

Thanks for everybody's help!
-John

Hello jackyblack
I think the water is used as a conductor. Small signal sent down all wires at the different tank levels. As the level drops a lite goes off.
This does not answer why the lights stay on. I'm not 100% on the actual operation. I would find the manufacturer of the control module and contact customer support technical department and ask them for info on troubleshooting.

Russ

I had a similar problem and and repaired it by replacing a resistor or possibly a comparator on the board in the back of the display.This was 4 or 5 years ago but I remember seeing burnt marks on the board and replaced the suspect component and soldered it in.It worked from then on.Probably not the sensors in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom