Water Pump Concern

dharte

Hi Folks,
My water system on my 2015 Hawk works fine at high flow rates but with the faucet partially open (up to 1/2 way), the pump cycles on and off and the water pulses annoyingly instead flowing at a constant rate. Is this normal?
Thanks,
David

Yup, it's normal. I assume because of the really small water system. I believe it builds pressure faster than the faucet can accept water, so the presure switch turns things off for a bit?

Mine does that. Also mine has started to run continuously even when the faucet has turned off. Still pumps water but I need to turn it off when not using or I hear the pump going.

Thanks! I guess I won't worry about it if it's normal. I thought the system might be losing pressure.

You can install a volume tank and your pump will only cycle when it gets "low". Additionally you can adjust your "cut in" and "cut out" pressure to your preference.
Cheers!

Captm said:
You can install a volume tank and your pump will only cycle when it gets "low". Additionally you can adjust your "cut in" and "cut out" pressure to your preference.
Cheers!
Can the factory pump be adjusted without the install of a volume tank? Thanks

dharte said:
Can the factory pump be adjusted without the install of a volume tank? Thanks
I'm not sure what the factory pump is these days. Perhaps your manual has the info.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom