Water seepage

Desert Rancher

Contributors
Was camping in a heavy rain this weekend.

The roof and siding do not have any leaks. But, what did happen is that it seemed as if the water wicked thru the siding along the bottom. This happened all around the bed area, but not in the rest of the camper. I rolled up towels and placed them between the sleeping bags and the siding, but that seemed to pull in more moisture.

Any one experience this?

I was thinking of using Stochgard on the inside. The outside is well coated periodically with 303, so the siding is in good condition.

Thanks,

~DR

Our 2009 Hawk sometimes leaks through the louvers on the refrigerator vent. Not often, but when it does leak it makes a fair sized puddle on the floor. It took me a while to figure out where it was coming from.

Was camping in a heavy rain this weekend.

The roof and siding do not have any leaks. But, what did happen is that it seemed as if the water wicked thru the siding along the bottom. This happened all around the bed area, but not in the rest of the camper. I rolled up towels and placed them between the sleeping bags and the siding, but that seemed to pull in more moisture.

Any one experience this?

I was thinking of using Stochgard on the inside. The outside is well coated periodically with 303, so the siding is in good condition.

Thanks,

~DR

The first time I left the top vent/fan open during a heavy rain-had the same surprise a nice drip-but-amazingly-shut the vent and it stopped-science is wonderful-no other problems in like six years now with water coming in as long as i use that 303 stuff and don't be stupid like leaving the back door open when it rains and wonder why the water comes in or the shades get wet!

Smoke

Nothing leaks/drips.
It just gets damp/wet along the bottom of the vinyl siding. Only where the sleeping bags or pillows touch it.

Just like a tent; stays dry until you rub up against the side, then it wicks thru.

Jeff

I could sure use some help here with this.

Do you folks in the rainy areas have any problems with this?

Ideas? ScotchGard?

Thanks!

I live in Humboldt County and camp in the rain on a regular basis. I do experience condensation in the camper on occasion but nothing like you are describing. I just wipe the sides down...run the heater and all is good.

Cort

Back
Top Bottom