Water Tank Drain

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
I had a problem with the drain valve assembly being too long and contacting the top of my truck bed. Marty at ATC helped with shortening the original fitting so that the valve just cleared but that limited the swing of the valve lever so the valve would barely open. I found it very difficult to locally find threaded PVC fittings in 3/8" pipe thread. I found a 90 degree elbow and 2" long threaded nipple here: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=22772&catid=726
This now clears my bed and the valve fully opens. Let's see how this works.

Attachments

• drain-001-web.jpg
    drain-001-web.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 271
  • drain-003-web.jpg
    drain-003-web.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 185
another option in case that doesn't work out . . .

you can use an elbow where the water drain comes out of the camper base, and then attach a clear plastic water line to that and run it towards the back of the camper, or relocate to a more reward position somewhere along the back / sides of the camper. Having the elbow only under the side rail, instead of the valve there too, will give you more clearance and you won't have to worry about being able to twist it or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a problem with the drain valve assembly being too long and contacting the top of my truck bed. Marty at ATC helped with shortening the original fitting so that the valve just cleared but that limited the swing of the valve lever so the valve would barely open. I found it very difficult to locally find threaded PVC fittings in 3/8" pipe thread. I found a 90 degree elbow and 2" long threaded nipple here: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=22772&catid=726

Attachments

• Water Tank Drain (on rear).jpg
    Water Tank Drain (on rear).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 235
Stan, thanks for the suggestion and photo. I thought about running some clear hose as you and others have suggested. I still may. Right now I wanted to keep it simple and have as little outside the camper as possible.

My drain valve actually hit the rim of my truck from slight movement and broke. Lost all 10 gallons of water I had in there for a week long trip. I ended up putting a plug in the drain valve as the clearance is a problem with my setup. Good luck with your drain.

Back
Top Bottom