Waterpump, filter, faucet remodel

Mongo

Well over the weekend I tore out the whole water tank and plumbing in my Granby. I knew I just couldn't use water out of it without seeing it with my own eyes and sanitizing the heck out of it. So I pulled the tank and did the standard wash out with dish soap and bleech etc..... But that's not what I'm posting about. I wanted running water so I installed a pump, a filter and a new faucet.

Here's a video of how it works:

I'm pretty stoked about it. I think it turned out good. Thought I'd share with you all, I couldn't find much on here about water pumps. The pump has a built in pressure switch so you can leave the power on and when you open the faucet it senses the pressure drop and turns on. Pretty sweet. I also replaced all the water lines, clamps etc... I'm kind off like that with my stuff. I really enjoy tinkering/improving my toys to get them setup the way I like. It's never done you know!

heres the pump Flojet 03526:
Amazon.com

here's the filter:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GJVY00/ref=oh_details_o02_s02_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Faucet: $24 local hardware store, $5 sprayer.

While I was at it I added an atwood LPG/CO2 combo alarm so I can sleep easy. Not cheap, but paranoid is no way to relax in the great outdoors!

Amazon.com

I also added a digital honeywell thermostat. The jury is out on that. It seems like the thermometer inside the unit is really slow to adjust. The heater will cook you out before the stat temp gets up to the setting. I had a kitchen thermometer to check and that shot up to 85 before the tstat crawled from 72 to 74..... It's like it's programmed not to jump the temperature to fast. But that little camper heats up FAST!

My other projects include:

Battery bank and anderson winch plug/4ga wiring and solenoid to my truck system. (dual 150amp alt's)
Power inverter
On board battery 110v charger (I have a dualpro 10amp from a boat)
Curtain/shade's
Portapotty
and so on.......

Thanks for the great forum to participate in I'm loving my FWC!

Zach

Attachments

• IMG_0553web_.JPG
    IMG_0553web_.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0557web_.JPG
    IMG_0557web_.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0558web_.JPG
    IMG_0558web_.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0559web_.JPG
    IMG_0559web_.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0561web_.JPG
    IMG_0561web_.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 158
Great writeup Mongo, very helpful for those folks who may want to share the ideas. Thanks for taking the time to post... I love the sprayer gun the best, very useful.

KILR0Y

KILR0Y said:
Great writeup Mongo, very helpful for those folks who may want to share the ideas. Thanks for taking the time to post... I love the sprayer gun the best, very useful.

KILR0Y
Yes I like that sprayer too. If I did it again I may leave more hose on it. In fact I may add some to it still. I just didn't want to much tangling in the cabinet underneath. But it may be really handy to be able to reach a little farther to add to a pot on the range or maybe a bucket on the floor. But for $5 i'd call it a great addition. We will see how it all works out if it would quit snowing!

Send some of that snow our way please, we're well below our annual snowfall and expect a dry, hot, fire-ridden summer...

Hey, you could use the sprayer to get kids or your wife out of bed...

I thought I would bump this thread...

Has anyone tried a faucet attached filter, like a Pur? I haven't even looked at our faucet to see if there is a threaded portion to attach anything, but I would love to get tank taste out of the system.

Steve

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I thought I would bump this thread...

Has anyone tried a faucet attached filter, like a Pur? I haven't even looked at our faucet to see if there is a threaded portion to attach anything, but I would love to get tank taste out of the system.

Steve
I believe that they have them where they fit right over the end of the faucet and you don't have to screw anything on or off. I just checked my file from RV.Net and found that PUR has a snap on - snap off filter.

Back
Top Bottom