Wave-3 vs. Wave-6 in new Hawk

Durango1

OK, I'm all atwitter waiting for my new Hawk and Ram 2500 Crew Cab coming mid-May (many thanks to those who advised me) and am itching to "accessorize" it. We tricked the Hawk out pretty good- the big Waeco frig, hot water, outside shower, Fantastic Fan, auxiliary battery, etc. But we opted out of the furnace simply because the Missus hates blowing hot air.

So I'm going to do a (gulp!) retrofit with a Wave radiant heater. So now I'm torn between the Wave-3 (1600-3200 BTU) and the Wave-6 (3200-6000 BTU) heaters. Since we aren't going to be doing any serious winter camping (OK, maybe in Tucson!) I'm inclined toward the Wave-3 but wanted to run it by you fine folks.

Advice welcome and appreciated.

Steve

PS If this topic has already been addressed my apologies. I couldn't find it in a search.

A Wave 3 should suit your needs just fine. If you were going hard core in the winter I'd probably suggest a Wave 6 though you could get by a with a Wave 3.

Yeah, there was another thread asking that question: "Which Wave to go" about 7 months ago, and my long-winded answer was the second post on that topic, and discussion went on for about 50 more posts.

But my short answer is: "What SunMan said." :)

Thanks to both of you. I went to the other thread and digested it. Sounds like the Wave-3 will work out great for us. We'll just use it to take the chill off on those early mornings.

Steve

Thanks to both of you. I went to the other thread and digested it. Sounds like the Wave-3 will work out great for us. We'll just use it to take the chill off on those early mornings.

Steve

If that's all you need it for - then yea, the Wave-3 will do it.

I put a Wave-6 in my Granby, & it will run you out of there pretty quick. We don't do any cold weather camping - just knocking the edge off on those chilly desert mornings.

Back
Top Bottom