Weekend In The Hills

Marc

Fire Proof
Had a long weekend and headed for the Hills and the Sierra View Trail. :cool:

Oh Ya, saw one ATC Bobcat on a Taco in Lone Pine and an older FWC on a four door Dodge at Diaz Lake.

Attachments

• 240.JPG
    240.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 258
  • 216.JPG
    216.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 299.JPG
    299.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 197
Hi Marc: Looks like a place. Can you give us more specifics as to where the Sierra View Trail is? We were at Levitt Lake this last weekend.

Regards,

Darryl

Hi Marc: Looks like a place. Can you give us more specifics as to where the Sierra View Trail is? We were at Levitt Lake this last weekend.

Regards,

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

Sierra View Trail is between Lone Pine and Big Pine off of US 395 and Goodale Creek Rd and Division Creek Rd.

Hi Marc: Thanks for the info. I will start looking it up on the map. Probably, won't get down there this year as the snow is coming or is here already. As I mentioned earlier, we were at Levitt Lake last weekend and there is snow all around the lake and it was very cold,but beautiful. My wife thinks I'm crazy. She is right though, you could only survive up there in one our type of campers with a heater. No wonder we are the only ones out there. Weekend before, we were at Highland Lakes. We were the only ones there too and it was super beautiful. We probably will start little trips up the coast now as we live in Livermore.

Regards,

Darryl

Regards,

Darryl

Same place off of Snora Pass? If so how is the road? Paved half way in? Heard there was a crew this summer improving the road the rest of the way to the lake.

It looks like the Alabama Hills outside of Lone Pine, CA.

First pic below is from the Alabama Hills. Second picture is Jay's (chnisle) Nissan with a Bivouac Roof Tent way back in 1992 at Baker Lake which is the east side of the Sierras up a rough but scenic road from Bishop CA

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Baker Lake.jpg
    Baker Lake.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 218
Hi Patrick: The road to Leviit Lake off of Sonora Pass is paved for about 20 feet. After the first stream it can get pretty rough. I would not suggest a 2 wheel drive to folks. For sure not if it is low. My Tacoma climbs up it no problem, but last time I went in low -low 4WD. If you go now, do it no later than mid day as once you start to get cloase to the lake, it starts to show snow and its suppose to snow this week.

Have fun,

Darryl

Had a long weekend and headed for the Hills and the Sierra View Trail. :cool:

Oh Ya, saw one ATC Bobcat on a Taco in Lone Pine and an older FWC on a four door Dodge at Diaz Lake.

Wow, that is a beautiful drive.

Back
Top Bottom