Went To Palm Springs, Ca

pvstoy

I've been out of town and now back from Palm Springs on a photo workshop. Friday the winds were ripping and a tree branch fell on the hood / quarter pannel on the 4-Runner. Look at the trees in the background I just wanted to get pictures and get away from there. Those trees were bending down. There was lots of damage.

Glad it was not the truck!

Attachments

• CIMG5057.JPG
    CIMG5057.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 276
  • CIMG5060.JPG
    CIMG5060.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 261
Thats not a palm tree... Imagine the story when you are trying to tell people a cedar tree hit you in palm springs...

Bummer on the damage though.

Waiting on a claim number to take it to the body shop. Not really a pine tree and the name has escaped my mind, or is it the trap door working???

Also glad it was not across the windshield, I would have still been there getting a new one.

One of 'em was prolly me

I'm sure I was one of them... came out the North Pass into Big Pine from Saline. Nice weekend out there except for Friday...SUPER windy, but then you know that. ;) Sorry again.

Accidents always hurt

It's always a bummer to damage ones truck, but, provided the suspension didn't get damaged, that doesn't look like an expensive repair. With that said, I've had numerous dings that I thought the cost to repair wouldn't be much, but I was surprised at the actual dollar amount. If it's only body damage, I've lived with worse. You should have seen my old VW Rabbit, which had no business going where I took it, before I finally sold it. My Toyota, Dodge and Chevy pickups have all suffered rocker panel dents (the Chevy just 2 weeks ago). I didn't repair the first 2 trucks and don't plan to repair the Chevy. Damage gives the truck character.:rolleyes:

If that's the wife's truck, then never mind.

I'm sure I was one of them... came out the North Pass into Big Pine from Saline. Nice weekend out there except for Friday...SUPER windy, but then you know that. ;) Sorry again.

Hi SunMan,

Did you have a red gas can on the roof rack?? If so it was a quick glance at 70.

It is my Runner and that is why I have insurance. We will see how much it will cost. This needs repair for the hood to fit right and to keep it from rusting out.

Hi SunMan,

Did you have a red gas can on the roof rack?? If so it was a quick glance at 70.

It is my Runner and that is why I have insurance. We will see how much it will cost. This needs repair for the hood to fit right and to keep it from rusting out.

Yep, that was me with the red can. Hope the claim and repairs are speedy.

Going in for repair

Monday the 20th and will take 3 days. Cost me $100.00 and total bill is $1200.00.

Replace quarter pannel, fix dent in hood and scraches, feather paint the door to match.

Back
Top Bottom