What Do You All Tend To Use For Maps?

I also have switched from paper maps to TOPO! from National Geographic. I have a netbook that has the western states on hard drive and a Triton GPS that also runs TOPO!. There is nothing better. I LOVE the Triton with topo software, you can even do google earth hybrid maps. Store aerial maps to look at in the field and know where you are on the actual topo map is incredible. Worth the money for sure.
In Canada I use Backroads mapbooks and FUGAWI software. Both have limited uses, but they get you by.

These look nice, I'll probably see about grabbing these for WA, OR, and CA

I have both the Benchmark and Delorme books. I found the Benchmark one at Costco - I think it was $11.99. The Delorme I bought at Sam's Club for something like $10.88 IIRC. Cheap enough to get one of each!

I also have switched from paper maps to TOPO! from National Geographic. I have a netbook that has the western states on hard drive and a Triton GPS that also runs TOPO!. There is nothing better. I LOVE the Triton with topo software, you can even do google earth hybrid maps. Store aerial maps to look at in the field and know where you are on the actual topo map is incredible. Worth the money for sure.
In Canada I use Backroads mapbooks and FUGAWI software. Both have limited uses, but they get you by.

Any one using I-phone for maps and gps? There are several good options but the maps have to be down loaded through a wireless connection. If you are headed beyond the wires you need to preload all the maps you might need. Any better solution? Is there a chip Iphone can read that has all the maps preloaded??

First post, hello all.
I use a combination of Bureau of Land Managment, DeLorme, and USFS maps. I also have used National Geographic maps. I like the BLM maps because they have excellent land ownership status.

Back
Top Bottom