What do you do on a snowy day?

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
A little white bean soup, of course...

gallery_4841_711_593942.jpeg

A bowl of posole after XC skiing or snowshoeing makes for a fine snowy day. Our last snowfall has mostly melted, but hoping for more in the next week.

That white bean soup looks mighty good.

Dont know but cant wait to find out. tired of this Florida weather. Soup sure does look yummy!

Usually, shoveling the stuff is involved. Then maybe a walk or some cross country skiing. Then usually some cooking- maybe soup or carnitas or some such that will fill the house with good aromas.

We just made a pot of butternut squash soup in anticipation of the coming storm. Another 6-8 inches on top of last week's 8 inches. When we get snow this time of year it is usually still here in April. Really cold temps are part of the factor this week. Minus 8° F tonight and high of 4° F tomorrow. Wind chills will be in the 20°s-30°s below 0° F. Kind of like real winter again.

We visit snow...don't live in it. :D I barely own enough clothes to keep warm when its 32F!

Cassoulet! You can buy canned cassoulet in Parisian grocery stores and heat it up like Dinty Moore! Grab a can next time you pass through!

Well wife was after me for some chicken chile soup. No hatch peppers so I roasted Anaheim peppers instead. ImageUploadedByWander The West1482014460.433817.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1482014476.998048.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1482014492.801609.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Tonight it's bouef au vin, aux lègumes. In other words, vegetable beef soup with the beef cooked in wine. Dang, that Google translate makes it sound fancy :) .

image.jpeg

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Hey Steve, I'll have some of that.
It's nice and cold here so a good soup,with some crusty bread sounds good.
Shame we don't live closer.
Frank
Sounds like it may be time for a Bobcat/ATC Get Together, complete with a little cast iron cookery. It's actually something I've been thinking about.

Back
Top Bottom