What is a Puma?

Puma it's a genus; Mtn Lion/Puma - same thing as a cougar too I believe. All just regional names for the same thing

Puma it's a genus; Mtn Lion/Puma - same thing as a cougar too I believe. All just regional names for the same thing

I think he meant the Puma model from ATC - but the cat info is still interesting :D

I'm thinkin' its'a model of ATC...but perhaps its better answered by our new dealer here...

Thanks Sunny,
The only Puma RV/Camper I'm aware of is made by Palomino. All Terrain Campers makes a Cougar. Our Cougar is a pretty generously proportioned camper. It's 8 feet long (I'm putting one on my short bed Ram)and about 4 inches wider than our Ocelot Model which built for a short bed full sized truck. I'm still very new at this and so that I don't give you bad info I'll check with the ATC guys on Monday to make sure we never built a Puma.

According to their website it's for an 8' bed...

Cougar: Full Size - Long Bed 8'$9745.00
Panther: Full Size - Short Bed 6.5'$9545.00
Bobcat: Mid / Mini Size - Short Bed 6.5'$9145.00
Lynx: Mid / Mini Size - Long Bed 8'$9345.00
Shell: Any Size$6445.00
Ocelot: Short Bed 6.5'$9545.00
Puma: Long Bed 8'$9745.00

https://www.allterra...Price_List.html

Sunny,
If you look at the ATC customer's pix you'll see Cougars on a short bed with the tail gate on. The tail gate is just a matter of taste as 95% of the camper is already in side the truck bed. I wanted to be able to show a long camper camper on a short bed truck. Not to mention the additional room it provides. The escape angel isn't affected and you do get a bigger camper. I'll post pix of my truck as soon as we have the camper on it.

Yeah, I had allready looked at the ATC website and saw the price for the Puma. My guess is that it is just a longer Ocelot? I have seen pictures on this forum of the Ocelot and was wondering if anybody had any of the Puma. Also someone had mentioned about a new ATC website on the way soon; that would be great:)

With apologies to Sunny,
I completely missed the Puma listing. A mind is a terrible thing to waste and I wrecked mine years ago. The good news is I sold the Bobcat today to a really nice guy here in The Old Pueblo. So 3 ordered 3 sold. Hooooray.

Hey Jay,
You better order more. Don't forget the one for my friend who wants to get his order in before the January First price increase! He wants the Bobcat with the exact options that you just sold the other fellow.
Gene

Thanks Gene.
Hey every one ATC prices increase $700+ the first of the new year. Save some bucks and order one now. And thanks to Ken for his Bobcat order. Can't wait to see it on his Tacoma.

According to their website it's for an 8' bed...

Cougar: Full Size - Long Bed 8'$9745.00
Panther: Full Size - Short Bed 6.5'$9545.00
Bobcat: Mid / Mini Size - Short Bed 6.5'$9145.00
Lynx: Mid / Mini Size - Long Bed 8'$9345.00
Shell: Any Size$6445.00
Ocelot: Short Bed 6.5'$9545.00
Puma: Long Bed 8'$9745.00

https://www.allterra...Price_List.html

Sunny is right the web site does say "Puma; Long bed 8'" and on the FAQ page it says "The Puma is made to fit the small trucks with a 5' bed." I have a call in to the ATC guys for an answer. Sorry about the confusion.

As usual Sunny was spot on. Maybe I should put him on the payroll. A Puma is the long bed version of the Ocelot.
Thanks Sunny and by the way Tim has his camper loaded and rolling.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the thread title only I was going to add, in honor of Leslie Neilson, "but that's not important right now"

and by the way Tim has his camper loaded and rolling.

This is good news, and you know it went to a good home! It will be Baja bound on short order.

As usual Sunny was spot on. Maybe I should put him on the payroll. A Puma is the long bed version of the Ocelot.
Thanks Sunny and by the way Tim has his camper loaded and rolling.

I had wondered if the Puma was the long bed version of the Ocelot when I made my original post, because I had allready looked at the price list on the website which stated "Puma 8 ft. bed." Thanks for that confirmation.
So I guess that since nobody had heard of the Puma there are no pictures? Looking forward to that new website which will hopefully have pictures and specs of ALL ATC's wonderful campers:)

PUMA definition by All Terrain Campers Inc. Our new PUMA model ( First one seen at Wander The West October Pork Ralley) is a full size camper made for the smaller full size pick ups with an 8 foot bed. It also will fit on Dirty Dogs truck as we also build it in a super duty model. The Puma has all of the features that a Cougar has only the upper body of the camper frame is 78 inches wide.
Marty

PUMA definition by All Terrain Campers Inc. Our new PUMA model ( First one seen at Wander The West October Pork Ralley) is a full size camper made for the smaller full size pick ups with an 8 foot bed. It also will fit on Dirty Dogs truck as we also build it in a super duty model. The Puma has all of the features that a Cougar has only the upper body of the camper frame is 78 inches wide.
Marty

Good to know that you guys also build a super duty model. I was thinking of going in that direction because I really don't want to deal with suspension modifications etc... Also I read on another thread that over time the breaks,engine,transmission wear and tear can take its toll on a 1/2 ton if the camper is on the truck full time.

Anyway, you said that the Puma and Ocelot are both 78 inches wide. How wide are the Cougar and Panther?
And the Puma has that L shaped couch as well?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm sure others will benefit from the answers as well. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom