What is this extra wire for?

Bdold

Advanced Member
2010 Grandby. These wires are located under my thermostat. I checked and they did not have current.

Attachments

• WP_20130303_001.jpg
    WP_20130303_001.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 147
  • WP_20130303_002.jpg
    WP_20130303_002.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 139
Seems like there is a Sound system option that those wires could possibly be for? Seems like it mounted near the Thermostat.

You have the water pump for the water system? I will run out and take a peek at my hawk. Need to close it up anyways.

Steve

I could not find any extra wires in my Hawk. I do have the 12 volt water pump. Sorry, not much help.

Steve

2010 Grandby. These wires are located under my thermostat. I checked and they did not have current.

Wires to solar power connector?

If it is solar that would be awesome as I am in the process of installing it. If someone knows where it's terminated that would help a ton.

By 2010 I think they all were coming pre-wired for solar. A call to FWC Customer Service should yield an answer. They have helped me with my 88 Grandby a couple of times. Questions on a 2010 should be a breeze for them.

FWC Customer Service: (800) 242-1442

Wires to solar power connector?

Almost certain this is correct. My 2005 Hawk came with wires just like this, in that spot, that terminate in a weather-proof outlet (black, oval, rubber) on the front/left side of the roof. And I used them for the solar-roof installation that I did last October.

Almost certain this is correct. My 2005 Hawk came with wires just like this, in that spot, that terminate in a weather-proof outlet (black, oval, rubber) on the front/left side of the roof. And I used them for the solar-roof installation that I did last October.

That would be good news if its solar panel wires, but I thought you had to pay an extra $50 for this option? ...or is the $50 just for the plug to be installed in the outside of the camper?

I believe Steve/Stan may be at a show in SoCal this week.

That would be good news if its solar panel wires, but I thought you had to pay an extra $50 for this option? ...or is the $50 just for the plug to be installed in the outside of the camper?

Would FWC install wires that went up to the roof but didn't pierce the roof and end in an outlet? Seems like that would mean trial-and-error drilling through the roof to locate the ends if you wanted to connect solar later.
huh.gif
On the other hand...maybe that's how FWC ensures that they get to do the installation. ;)
Another slight-chance possibility: power for water-heater option...?

The wires end in the roof at a specific location - there is a plate there where you can screw the plug into. Terry in the service dept at FWC can give you the exact measurements of where to find the wires. I had Chris at Rocky Mt FWC fish out my wires and install the plug.

This link shows the roof wires and the plate (scroll down a few posts)

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2517/page__hl__solar__fromsearch__1

Good luck!
-Rick

Back
Top Bottom