what model Kalimantan roof rack should I be looking for?

I suspect most of the channel style towers and landing pads work, but you need to match landing pads (the part in the channel) to the towers you have. Thule should work also,

Craigslist often has used Yakima and Thule gear for a reasonable price.

The current Yakima product for this application is the Skyline tower used in conjunction with the Landing Pad 1. The Landing Pad bolts into the track and the tower then clips into the Landing Pad. Then of course you add the cross bars you want, various lengths.

The previous tower was called the Control Tower. I was a factory certified rack installer for both Yakima and Thule brands and like the build quality of the Control Tower best. Yakima changed the product so that both the classic round cross bar and the newer Aero Bars can be used. The Control Tower only accepts the round bar.

I have an unused set (4) of the Control Towers that I would sell for $80 plus shipping from Maryland, the msrp is $195 however contractually I have to sell them at my cost. The newer Skyline model sells for $225. Again, the Control Tower only uses round bars.

You will still need the Landing Pad 1 (2 sets) and your cross bars. Landing Pads sell online for about $63 per set. Unfortunately I don't have any to sell.

Let me know if you're interested or have any more rack questions.

Dean

Back
Top Bottom