What would you change about your camper?

Dinette pictures, as promised

Alaskan Snowbirds,

Here are some pics!

Changes I ordered from stock dinette conversion:

1) Make table 3 inches wider.

2) Add two inside legs so table will have great support on the window side.

3) Cut off rear seat cushion, so I will have room to mount a gun vault behind rear seat.

I also opted to have the table leg mount secured to the floor. The table is extremely stable and sturdy....probably because of the 2nd window side support leg.

Attachments

• under_table.jpg
    under_table.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 442
  • gun_safe.jpg
    gun_safe.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 436
  • folded_down.jpg
    folded_down.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 432
  • folded_down2.jpg
    folded_down2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 443
  • gun_safe2.jpg
    gun_safe2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 401
more pics

Here are some more pics.

Attachments

• back_seat_down.jpg
    back_seat_down.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 397
  • front_seat.jpg
    front_seat.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 425
  • new_cabinet.jpg
    new_cabinet.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 425
  • front_seat2.jpg
    front_seat2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 429
  • view_from_bed.jpg
    view_from_bed.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 411
Final batch of pics

Here are some more.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Attachments

• view_from_bed2.jpg
    view_from_bed2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 393
  • view_from_door.jpg
    view_from_door.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 412
  • view_from_door2.jpg
    view_from_door2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 397
  • folded_down3.jpg
    folded_down3.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 384
:thumb: This should serve you very well. I think the idea of extra legs on the table is a serious improvement.

kudos on the gun security.:thumb:

mtn

Outstanding.

Leadsled9,

Perfect, right down to the 'bou 'n bear fabric. You've got the Susan seal of approval and that ain't easy to come by!

The table leg mount screwed down with a dinette makes sense...it's not in the traffic pattern. I doubt we'd ever take the table down anyway. Don't know how I'd fit the shotgun in the gun safe though!:p

Thanks much for posting the flicks.
'birds

dinette

Thanks for the positive feedback chnlisle, mtn-high and 'birds.

I have no taste. My girlfriend picked out the fabric pattern. It is called "Deer Valley Apache." I really like it too.

My shottie fits in the front compartment above the water tank. Since it is 3" higher now....perfect fit (it has a pistol grip).

The new, larger porta potti has the new electric flush....and sits much higher than the original one....which means much more comfort, and much more capacity.

There is room between the boxes to store a Honda 1000 EU generator. When using my air conditioning, I carry my Honda 2000 EU generator where the porta potti now sits, and put the porta potti between the boxes. I made a small sub-floor that fits between the boxes so the porta potti will sit level.

Since the conversion includes the new cabinet, I'll bet the storage is close to the same as what I orginally had under the couch.

We hated the original couch. While seated, all you could see was the utility wall of the camper....you couldn't even tell you had a lower window. With the new set up, the window is a major source of enjoyment.

My girlfriend liked the conversion so much, she paid for the whole thing!!! What a gal!!!

While the camper was back at FWC, I had them add some more white siding to the outside, as while mounted on my Tundra....there was quite a bit of grey wood showing. Now, all you see is white siding. That was an additional $75.

What a Gal is right!

Leadsled9,

You're one lucky guy! A girlfriend with a great sense of style and the $ to pay for it:thumb: I'm guessing there are a lot of girlfriends out there right now hearing: "Hey sweetie, know what leadsled9's girlfriend did?":p

What you say about the window as it exists with the bench seating is true. It's pretty much just for show on the outside and it does seem like the dinette would improve that a lot.

Thanks again for the pics and write-up.
'birds

Back
Top Bottom