What's wrong with this Fleet Camper?

@97grandby - is the new pricing released already or where did you get this figure?

Anything else new and exciting in the FWC world for next year?

fireball said:
@97grandby - is the new pricing released already or where did you get this figure?

Anything else new and exciting in the FWC world for next year?
They had a build sheet listing the options and the total MSRP in each of their campers on display. It showed 2,000.00 for extended cab over and storage. We spoke with Stan for a while after we saw all the toys. As they are still in testing phase, they are not dead set on the price. Sounded to me the 2k price was more of a S.W.A.G. (Scientific wild ass guess.) Final price is yet to be set. I'm sure he could chime in and give everyone more details. The more I think about it, it would be really nice place to store riffles and all kinds of things I'm sure I now need to find a place for. Maybe I do need it. They seemed to be using different fridges and more of LED strips on the ceiling then a regular pancake light. I should have taken pictures of them, maybe DrJ did.

97grandby said:
They had a build sheet listing the options and the total MSRP in each of their campers on display. It showed 2,000.00 for extended cab over and storage. We spoke with Stan for a while after we saw all the toys. As they are still in testing phase, they are not dead set on the price. Sounded to me the 2k price was more of a S.W.A.G. (Scientific wild ass guess.) Final price is yet to be set. I'm sure he could chime in and give everyone more details. The more I think about it, it would be really nice place to store riffles and all kinds of things I'm sure I now need to find a place for. Maybe I do need it. They seemed to be using different fridges and more of LED strips on the ceiling then a regular pancake light. I should have taken pictures of them, maybe DrJ did.

Think about firearms [rifles you mentioned] in an area that could have high humidity/condensation...not good. Certainly could find a work around like a desiccant in that space...Golden Rod would take power..

Phil

elmo_4_vt said:
Not sure what the difference is, but mine has the under-bed storage and we keep a 1" memory foam topper and sleeping bags up there all the time. The front hinge hits the bag, but it doesn't inhibit the closing of the top. Maybe the design will give that additional space your talking about? I'd be interested to compare the differences.

Don

-
They may all be a little different. Perhaps it depends on what type of truck the FWC is designed for. Mine was designed for a FORD. High bed rails and tall cab. I have it installed in a GMC. I have too much clearance over the bed rails and the cab. Perhaps if it was designed for a GMC I would have more roof height between the roof and the bedding. Either that or the FWCs designed for the FORDs would have to have more interior height, making them taller units all around.

I can keep my sleeping bag up top, but I need to make sure it is nice and flat and I have to remover the pillows. If the sleeping bag is up there I can tell when I go to latch the roof latched that it is there. BTW, it is a thick sleeping bag.

Glad to hear that it's a prototype, IMHO it needs some refinement.
Unfortunately we were attending another class could not participate in the round table discussion that FWC held and give our input.
We really like the storage it affords and imagine the weight difference if any is minimal.
Your replacing 3/4" ply bottom/overhead with aluminum stringers and an 1/8 inch "plastic" bottom that's riveted on.
I would consider selling our current Fleet shell and doing a new build using a new
Fleet with under bed storage if they workout the kinks and halve the current list price of $2000.
With 9 months on the road the only part we don't enjoy is packing/unpacking gear,
the new storage would eliminate that.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom