Where are your favorite campgrounds?

This Is The Last Straw

LOL you are incessant. "Pig Ticket" :p

So Andre' is here having dinner, and he's reading some of these posts, well I guess I'd have to say that Andre's vocabulary is some what limited, he reads this post "incessant'' he calls he into the living room, and says "hey bud, I think these people think you're gay" This has gone too far.

Ok, Let's Get This "straight"

Never, every did I say I was married, I've have been arguing with the same lady for about 30yrs. I've overheard her friends ask her,"when are you two goig to get married? Her answer is always the same. "Do I look like I'm crazy" And besides, if I was married, do you really think I could have all these toys? come you people are smarter than that.

back on subject...

And my favorite campground so far is Usal Beach on the lost coast (in the off season)...

Attachments

• DSCN2700.jpg
    DSCN2700.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 362
So there's this fisherman, he's worried he doing something that gonna make him go blind, he likes to use words like 'coveted', and Andre is there for dinner. I getting concerned.

Tomas, have you tried Montana de Oro?

Mind Your Manners George

It's true that I have a fairly extensive vocabulary compared to my friend Andre', but Andres' neck is twice as big around as my waist, by the way he said to say hi.

Green River Lakes campground, Wind River Range, Wyoming

Babione Creek campground (pimitive), Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming.

Friend Park capmground, Medicine Bow National Forest, Wyoming

Green River Lakes campground, Wind River Range, Wyoming

Babione Creek campground (pimitive), Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming.

Friend Park capmground, Medicine Bow National Forest, Wyoming

Yes, Wanderer, the Green River Lakes is a nice CG, there are some great hikes into the Winds from that spot. Bears were in camp when I was there.

I'll keep your other suggestions in mind for my next trip up your way.

1. Squaw Flat in Canyonlands (Needles Outpost has a coupla nice ones as well.)
2. Gold Bluffs Beach, CA

Hi Steve,

I liked Squaw Flats too--camping in the redrocks and PJs. And there are sure plenty of foot trails and jeep trails to keep one busy. I didn't camp at the Outpost but I did sneak in for a shower, I think.

Yes, Wanderer, the Green River Lakes is a nice CG, there are some great hikes into the Winds from there. Bears were in camp when I was there.

I'll keep your other suggestions in mind for my next trip up your way.

Babione is pretty tough to get to but can be done so long as you go slow. Great fishing a few hundred yards from the campsite.

I don't camp in Friend Park CG proper, but just west of the CG in a primitive campground area. Lots of wild turkeys (the bird), fireflies, and kingfishers. It's a three mile hike to the top of Laramie Peak.

Holler if you make it up, maybe we could hang out.

Babione is pretty tough to get to but can be done so long as you go slow. Great fishing a few hundred yards from the campsite.

I don't camp in Friend Park CG proper, but just west of the CG in a primitive campground area. Lots of wild turkeys (the bird), fireflies, and kingfishers. It's a three mile hike to the top of Laramie Peak.

Holler if you make it up, maybe we could hang out.

I have to check my maps for Friend Park and Babione. I have no firm plans for a visit up your way but I may pass WY through on a trip to ID if that works out. Thanks for the invite.

Voyager Rock, Sierra Nat'l Forest
Calico Ghost Town, Upper 'E' section only
Bootleg, Toiyabe Nat'l Forest

my wife and i like to camp off-grid in the Pacific Northwest.
Our "weekend" of choice is mid week so we have some peace away from the crowds.

Favorite spots are:
Randal Washington area overlooking some really beautiful mountains!
PNWA01accrete.jpg

or Yellowbottom Campground near Sweet Home Oregon:
PNWA06accrete.jpg

or Sunset Falls Camp near Battle Ground Washington:
PNWA05accrete.jpg

: )
Thom

PS. Oh yea, just remembered...we find gold every trip!

PS. Oh yea, just remembered...we find gold every trip!

Sounds like an infomercial for a get rich quick scheme!

Kidding aside, do you pan or use a metal detector?

Back
Top Bottom