Where can I find a clear lens for back light?

DonC

I'd like to replace the orange lens. I only use this occasionally, and when I do I want clear light.

IMG_0570.jpg

I ended up buying the whole assembly just for the lens. I found a cheaper place on the web but did not have to pay shipping here so I went with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Bargman-34-78-517-Series-Utility-Switch/dp/B004A2WXWW/ref=pd_sim_auto_1

There are assemblies with and without the switch. I went with the switch so I could replace the whole assembly after the plastic yellows a little more.

Steve

I ended up buying the whole assembly just for the lens. I found a cheaper place on the web but did not have to pay shipping here so I went with it.
http://www.amazon.co...f=pd_sim_auto_1
There are assemblies with and without the switch. I went with the switch so I could replace the whole assembly after the plastic yellows a little more.
Steve

Thanks for the link, Steve.
My camper-rear/porch light has hardly ever worked for years (must be bad connection, bad ground...something), so buying a new one for $8 sounds like the easiest way to go.
smile.gif

Now that you mention your back light not working great, I think mine was acting up. In my case, I switched it on and off a bunch of times which probably got rid of some dust in the switch. It seemed better after that.

I might see what it would take to seal the switch a little better. The back of the camper does get the worst of the dust.

Good Luck!

Steve

OK, I realize I should let this thread close but figured I would throw in one more thing. I did order a LED light for my porch light, which worked well and, I am sure, uses much less power. The stock light gets very hot while the LED light stays very cool.

But, when I ordered another for a friend, I got the wrong item, which did not work. I am including the link for the LED that I ordered as a starting point for anyone interested. Reading the reviews, many people did not get what they ordered. I was very happy with the light I got on my first order (little pricy) and was not at all happy with my second order since it did not work in the fixture. But, replacing the stock bulb with some sort of LED bulb is a nice way to go.

http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Bayonet-Single-Contact-Bright/dp/B002BK06LA/ref=sr_1_8?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1353867211&sr=1-8&keywords=led+bayonet+bulb

Steve

I'd like to replace the orange lens. I only use this occasionally, and when I do I want clear light.

You can find lots of these lights, the entire light, on ebay in either amber or clear, cheap enough. I've already replaced the current bulb in mine with a LED one.

I have plans to replace mine with one that has motion sensing built in. That has the same screw mounting locations, but has no switch built in. I'm thinking I'll do a little rewiring and run it off a inside switch. I have either amber or clear covers for that light already.

I recently bought a perfect replacement clear lens at Evergreen RV in Shoreline Washington. They had it right on the shelf and it only cost a few bucks.

Evergreen RV
206-542-1183 or
www.evergreensupply.com

Chris

Back
Top Bottom