where did my water go ?

paulclancy

Advanced Member
It finally warmed up enough to fill the water tank and not worry about it freezing.
I added what I thought was about 5 gallons. Only used the water pump twice to brush teeth, could not have used more
than a half gallon.
Then when I went to drain the rest of the water from the tank, nothing is draining
from the drain on the bottom left by the door. Opened the sink spigots, still nothing
drains. I can run the pump and get plenty of water from the sink spigot.
Parked on a 30 degree hill and still nothing drains.
Any ideas why the water will not drain ? 2016 Fleet.

Thanks,
Paul

I would suggest filling the tank completely, running the hot water to fill your hot water tank, and then top off your water tank. There will always be 2 gallons left in the bottom of the tank. Then I would open up the drain and see what happens. If nothing drains, there might be a blockage. I would then contact FWC. If you were running water from hot water it would also be filling your hot water tank and that is a 6 gallon tank. By turning on the hot water faucet you are then drawing water from the hot water tank. Your 20 gallon tank may have been depleted. Fill it completely and then test it
kd

longhorn1 - thanks for the info. We don't have hot water.
What is puzzling me is that no water drains out, but I can run the water in the sink and plenty comes out.
When I first added water to the tank, it drained out fine from the drain plug until I closed it.

Blow a little air up the drain, make sure you have a vent or spigot open. Might just be some debris blocking the drain.

I suspect you have some left from build, plastic debris in the line try running a weed eater string (or maybe air) in through the drain spigot to clear the block.

Back
Top Bottom