Where To Buy Best Quality Lift Struts For FWC

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
My struts from Suspa are # C16 15952, #40, extended 35.4", collapsed 19.29". Price each $32. That's the current price.
When you click on the post that "pvstoy" posted it doesn't list all the struts. You need to search the #40 one by part number
C16 15952. It comes up and gives all the info.
Frank

Sorry to duplicate this info.

Frank,

No problem...before I saw your post, I had just ordered two of the C16-15952..40lb struts directly from Suspa...with shipping $89...vs FWC $120 quote..

Note Suspa says their warranty is only good if you buy directly from them...

Phil

There was a fix that FWC did a few years ago beause the strut ball mounts were causing a failure in the frame where they were screwed in. I think it would be a good idea to check with FWC to see what the maximum strength strut the mounts can handle without doing damage.

camper rich said:
There was a fix that FWC did a few years ago beause the strut ball mounts were causing a failure in the frame where they were screwed in. I think it would be a good idea to check with FWC to see what the maximum strength strut the mounts can handle without doing damage.
Good point. Does anyone know when the ball mount was "strengthened"?

FWC site says not to exceed 40 lbs....but I do not know if that advice is current.

After reviewing a lot of posts and knowing that FWC mounts 40lb struts, I purchased 40lb struts to replace my current rear 30lb struts...my front struts are 40lbs...

Phil

camper rich said:
I believe first they had them sheet metal screws then changed to bolting through. Can't remember the year but OP should be bolted through to the inside.

pvstoy said:
I believe first they had them sheet metal screws then changed to bolting through. Can't remember the year but OP should be bolted through to the inside.

Found this on the FWC "recall" on lift strut mounts...seems to only be the two lower balls on the back exterior of the FWC. I have no idea of what FWC changed in the design to eliminate this problem...I do not see the plates mentioned on my '16 Hawk.

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/9141-fwc-gas-strut-recall/

Phil

Back
Top Bottom