Which awning for a Hallmark Ute XL?

ardvark

I am sure someone here has put an awning on their Ute. Which one did you use? I would like to avoid Fiamma given the cost and the fact I have had them before and was not impressed.

Are you putting it over the back door or on the side? I've got mine over the back door - works fine but in retrospect I would prefer to have it on the side so it could be on the body and not the roof. I think it would generate more usable shade being lower.

Curious to see what brands rise to the top - have a Fiamma and yes they are spendy. Wouldn't mind a 2nd cheaper one for the side.

-Vic

Vic,

I'm going with the side of the camper and intend to stay with a side mount somehow. The Fiammas I had always seemed to flimsy to me. Not a lot to choose from.

So you have it mounted just above the windows and the roller tube does not cause a problem and the legs are not too long for the sidewall?

I have a Freedom III from Carefree of Colorado. It's what Hallmark installed new from the factory. Works great. No problem with the roof coming down or up and the legs adjust to almost any length. Hopefully the 2 pics I will attach will show up in my post. If you have any questions just call Hallmark. IMG_1146.jpg
IMG_1144.jpg

Thanks for the pix. That awning looks good. What we ended up doing is simply using a heavy duty tarp 10x12 feet with a couple of wire ties in the roof clamps. We string the tarp between with two bungies and use a couple of ten poles on the end. Easy to pack and set up takes us only a few minutes. May go with the Carefree at some point.

Back
Top Bottom