White Mountains - July 2021

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
We fit in another short trip between Julie's now weekly physical therapy sessions. This time we revisited familiar terrain in search of..................................well, here's the link if you're curious.

White Mountains - July 2021

We hope you enjoy the searches! :)

Congrats on the find and refind! That obsidian point is interesting, it’s a blunt that was probably made from a broken symmetric point. Thanks for letting me tag along!

Wow what a great story ,lots of new things to show us.

From the broken arrow head to the sunrise "gryph".

The rock crushers are very interesting.It's amazing
what man comes up with when the need is there.
Thanks for taking the time to write this great report.
Frank

Thank you very much ! and glad to see the lady seems to recovering well.
a couple years ago i found a petroglyph 20 yards from a major highway in SE oregon, and i thought it was a major find ! you two could find that in your spare time!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Congrats on the find and refind! That obsidian point is interesting, it’s a blunt that was probably made from a broken symmetric point. Thanks for letting me tag along!
Thanks, Mr. Sage, we appreciate your kind comment! :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Wow what a great story ,lots of new things to show us.

From the broken arrow head to the sunrise "gryph".

The rock crushers are very interesting.It's amazing
what man comes up with when the need is there.
Thanks for taking the time to write this great report.
Frank
Frank, thank you for the nice comment! It is very much fun for Julie and I to wander through and explore these places that hold so much history. :)

goinoregon said:
Thank you very much ! and glad to see the lady seems to recovering well.
a couple years ago i found a petroglyph 20 yards from a major highway in SE oregon, and i thought it was a major find ! you two could find that in your spare time!
goinoregon, thanks for your nice comment! We appreciate it. Okay, 20 yards from major highway in SE Oregon, that ought to be a good start on information. Is it 5 boulders? :)

This morning I received an email from our friend, The Sagebrush Reconnoiterer. I also added his comment to our blog post, but I'll include it here also - "Well, Mr. Phelps, it appears that you have found an arrastra that I don’t recognize or remember. Now I have unfinished business."

ski3pin said:
This morning I received an email from our friend, The Sagebrush Reconnoiterer. I also added his comment to our blog post, but I'll include it here also - "Well, Mr. Phelps, it appears that you have found an arrastra that I don’t recognize or remember. Now I have unfinished business."
Did the email go up in smoke?

An excellent vivid description of a journey into the wild and the past. I can't get enough of these great basin trip reports! Thanks for posting.
Tony

AWG_Pics said:
An excellent vivid description of a journey into the wild and the past. I can't get enough of these great basin trip reports! Thanks for posting.
Tony
Tony, thank you for the very kind comment. With the Great Basin, there's something special around each corner. :)

Back
Top Bottom