White rim trail again, maybe

mitch h

Hi girls and boys. Heading northwest in late Aug. and on the way home ,if I am not tied of driving, we might zip down to Canyonlands. We drove a few miles last Sept. on the white rim road. Could not camp, all sites were full. Would like to know if any one has been on it lately. Ranger at Island in the sky said it was in pretty good shape. Also, we are driving a stock chevy 4x4, e rated tires, no winch, Ocelot. What we drove last year was fine.Some say there are some nasty spots. I don't have my rock crawer any more. Don't want to pee off. my wife,if you know what I mean. She did not really care for the switch backs at the beginning. Thanks Mitch

There are new permits required now (I think they are in place) that require you to have a permit even if you are going down for the day. I haven't been down in a while but suspect you could call and find out conditions, etc.

Dorocks, nice pics. Is Spring Canyon Bottom trail north of white rim? I liked the switch backs too. She was a little nerveious [sp].

Back
Top Bottom