White Rim Trail

John like you I always forget stuff but it never ruins the trip we manage to make do. We are prepared for the weather (Carhartts & Uggs) I know what you mean about the Germans they love Utah.
I will bring my trusty Canon 10d with lenses. Got our reservation back from NPS today so the waiting begins.

The other 2 guys going have these.

Attachments

• tradesman.jpg
    tradesman.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 349
I will be interested in how the extra long wheel base works out on WRT. I have a long truck too. I am no expert. I understand long trucks do certain things better, and certain things not so well. Is it rock climbs they do better?

All You White Rim Vets

Hey guys I notice on the WRT lit that no fires are allowed . Does that include BBQ's? Having never been there I'm assuming that everything is pack in and out A policy I totally agree with But what about charcoal? Any other insights would be appreciated.

My understanding, (which means check with the park service for specifics) is they don't want the landscape scarred by fire pits & rings. A portable fire pit or BBQ grill should be ok if you pack out all ashes and leave no trace.

KC,
I think you're right but I've got the email of a ranger there so I'll get the low down and post it here when I know. By the way do you know ExpediT-100n on the Expo Portal site? He stole your truck.

KC,
I think you're right but I've got the email of a ranger there so I'll get the low down and post it here when I know. By the way do you know ExpediT-100n on the Expo Portal site? He stole your truck.

Any update? I'm curious what the rules 'really' are.

KC,.... do you know ExpediT-100n on the Expo Portal site? He stole your truck.

I don't know him personally, but I think he has great taste in trucks, wouldn't you say? :D

Excellent taste. Here's my old truck near Bluff Utah on the San Juan River.

Attachments

• Copy of UNNAMED_FILE3422.jpeg
    Copy of UNNAMED_FILE3422.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 197
You just want to show off that bod;)

How did you get down near the river? If I recall, the SJR is about 700ft straight down at the Goosenecks. I didn't know there were trails down to the river. Do tell...

Fat Old Guys Rule!!!

When you're ready for that trip I'll give directions to my favorite place between Bluff and Mexican Hat Shhhhhhhhhhh. It's a secret. Its called Gold Mine Camp and the folks at Wild Rivers in Bluff turned me on to it.

Back
Top Bottom