Who has driven the farthest to pickup their camper?

flinchlock

According to Google it will be 2,290 miles one-way from Augusta, MI to the ATC factory.

Update: Actual mileage was 2,304 miles one-way.

Mike

You got me beat. I found a used 2000 Eagle in Atkinson, IL. In February 05. Left Reno on Wednesday had the camper installed Thursday and was back home in Reno on Friday. About 3600 miles round trip. I do "iron Butt" rides on the GL1800 so not too much of a challenge. Had the usual weather one would expect in February, blowing snow etc. Only one little hiccup was at a rest stop in Laramie. I had the dealer remove the camper jacks for the trip back west and carried them on the floor of the camper. At the rest stop I took a power nap in the back and when I woke up (it was dark) I thought one of the jacks had somehow rolled over on my boots. Found out my boots and laces had frozen to the floor! Perfect moment to "bound" oneself to the FWC eh?!

Sacremento, CA to Huntsville, AL, according to MapQuest is 2301 miles! If we get down to street addresses, I may have you beat.

Sacremento, CA to Huntsville, AL, according to MapQuest is 2301 miles! If we get down to street addresses, I may have you beat.
OK, so do I owe you a beer or you owe me a beer? (I like DARK beer.) :D

Mike

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only loon out there:D. Labor day weekend I drove from Las Cruces, NM to Sacramento via LA and took a more leisurely route back through Tahoe, Great Basin, and Moab.

I just returned to New Orleans with new Hawk from Woodland, CA. Google says 2247 mi, I did 6300 miles roundtrip. Didn't take shortest route either way. I was in no hurry and had a great time. Saw lot of places I would like to revisit when less crowded.

I can't compete at only 1900 miles one way. But if you count my trip to visit the factory before ordering and then the return trip to pick up the new camper, about 1900 miles one way times 4 equals about 7600 miles! :)

Of course we did lots of other things along the way so I don't really count it as driving to get the camper. Just picked it up along the way during a trip. How's that for rationalization...

We just drove from VA to CO to pick up our Hallmark at the factory.
We drove 3340 miles round trip. My wife commented that that was the longest road trip we had ever taken together.

I said "Honey, you ain't seen nothing yet!"

Back
Top Bottom