wich model ?

RWG

Hello, new guy here. I have a 2003 gmc 1/2 ton, 4wd, short bed. trying to decide between Panther/Couger models. other than the obvious differences any thoughts or expieriences about this choice would be appreciated.
Use for now will most likely be 2-3 day trips to the beach or local mountains with the wife & 3 year old son. Thanks, Ron

RWG
It really depends on how much room you think you need. The Panther gives you a really nice set up and with a 3 yo I think it would suit you well. If you add the bed extension it's even roomier up top. You get a much bigger camper with the Cougar. And if you add the be extension it is dramatically bigger.

I'm putting a Cougar on a Ram short bed. Of course the floor apace is limited by the distance between the wheel wells but with the Cougar and extension you get a more counter space and can cook and eat with the bed open. It is just a matter of what you think you might need now and what you might need down the road. But remember the price is going up $700 after the first of the year.

I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Hello, new guy here. I have a 2003 gmc 1/2 ton, 4wd, short bed. trying to decide between Panther/Couger models. other than the obvious differences any thoughts or expieriences about this choice would be appreciated.
Use for now will most likely be 2-3 day trips to the beach or local mountains with the wife & 3 year old son. Thanks, Ron

Hi Ron,

I have a Panther on a 2007 Chevy 1500 extended cab and like the set up. I don't think I would like the extra overhang as the truck is long enough as it is. Pretty easy to back into something.

One advantage of the shorter camper is it forces you to think about what is really necesary and not carry a lot of unnessary junk. I spend the bulk of my time outside the camper and really don't need much more than a place to sleep. You might look at a shell model to free up some space. I bought my camper used so It was already built, but would most likely buy a shell if I were to buy another camper.

The Panther will sleep two without problems. I have never had an additional person sleeping in it and could see a problem moving around in the camper with the couch folded out. It is kind of a dance with two people and the couch up, a third would be tight.

Whatever you decide I think you will be pleased with ATC. They have a good product and great service after the sale.
Dsrtrat

Back
Top Bottom