Wild Otter & Recipe

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Note: no otter was harmed in this video
Note: plagiarized from flagold on CBrats
Note: I’m hungry after watching/reading

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:45 am Post subject: Wild Otter & Recipe Mellita's was the old Cuban Restaurant on 36th Street Miami (I used to do the runs after engine changes on L10ll's DC10's etc. etc. for Eastern) and this was their specialty: sweet black bean soup and a Cuban sandwich (which would be in stacks to the ceiling (I have their recipe for those too). Anyway all that got torn down in the 36th street widening years ago. Has the spice recipe below. The real secret they had was cooking all of that first part together - the other restaurants would blob a layer of olive oil and vinegar on after cooking (made it salty).

Link to the otter & vid recipe: https://youtu.be/Ty8DvjO81FI

You Need: 2 15 oz cans black beans (I use Joan of Arc) undrained
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion chopped
3 small (3-4") sweet peppers chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 pound sliced sausage (polish - smoked beef sausage - turkey all fine as is diced ham (they will blend and all taste the same)
1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning (your oregano etc. is in that)
1 Tablespoon cane syrup OR 2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Marsala Red Wine
8 OZ water
Cooked Rice

Directions: in 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, cook down Onion, Peppers & Garlic till softened and add meat & cajun seasoning & fry down till just browning - add 2 Tablespoons tomato paste, 8 OZ water & 2 (I use Tones) Bouillon Cubes, 2 15 oz cans black beans undrained, 1/2 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar, 1 Tablespoon Marsala Red Wine & 1 Tablespoon Cane Syrup OR 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar. Heat to boiling and reduce to bubbling (simmer) and cook down until mixture is well blended and will coat a spoon or spatula as shown. Serve over rice - or simply serve as a thick soup. -- These will hands down be the best black beans you ever had!

Cajun Seasoning Recipe (doubles as a killer rub for steaks, chicken wings, seafood of any type any way (boil), crawfish etc.):
3 Tablespoons Salt
2 Teasp. Garlic Powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 Teasp. Black Pepper
1 Teasp. Onion Powder
1 1/4 Teasp. Oregano
1 1/4 Teasp. Thyme
1 Teasp. Basil
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder

Video has recipe at the end.

Vic Harder said:
that looks yummy. If you have the cuban sandwich recipe too, it would be wonderful if you shared that too!
Vic as the song goes "..two kinds of pig ,ham and roast pork,a slice of white cheese in the shape of New York."
It's a Tom Russel song.
And it's a great sandwich.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Vic as the song goes "..two kinds of pig ,ham and roast pork,a slice of white cheese in the shape of New York."
It's a Tom Russel song.
And it's a great sandwich.
Frank
That's cute!

Back
Top Bottom