Will 01 to 02 hawk fit ford short bed?

Star152

Im looking at a used Hawk built mid 01 to 02 year will it fit on a ford f250 short bed Stan or Ben can you help....................................Thx Terry

hawk fit

It should fit fine. The only snag would be if the Ford is a Superduty. If it is the cab is a bit higher than a standard cab and you would have to put a sheet or two of plywood in the bed first before you put the camper in.

Ben thanks.....what size ply 2 1/2 inch 2 3/4 inch?????? belive it or not I'm looking for a truck and camper. I wanted a Tundra but a used F250 will do me better since I'm towing a boat. thanks again.....

hawk fit

Just talked to Marty and he said that the last time he put a Hawk on a Super duty Ford he put 3 pieces of 5/8" plywood in the bed and it worked fine. So approximately 2" will work.

Again though, that is only if it is a Super Duty truck. If not, then the camper will fit just fine without having to be raised.

Hello Star152

Yes, if the used camper you are looking at was not built taller for the Ford SuperDuty trucks (1999 - 2007, F250 & F350's), you WILL need to add a small base to the camper.

I think we usually add around 2" platform so the the cab-over bed on the camper won't be touching the top of your truck cab.

Here are some sample pictures ... the pic with the grey base is one we made for a customer here at FWC, the other pic with the undersized white base is a customer that came in awhile back and I took a picture for my files ...

Attachments

• wood base platform.JPG
    wood base platform.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Camper blocked up on wood base.jpg
    Camper blocked up on wood base.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 204
Back
Top Bottom