will a falcon fit a 88 hilux (toyota 4dr, 4dw truck)

mntlion

Advanced Member
Looking for something for my Hilux. (4dw, 4wd, diesel)

03088-2.JPG

want this (falcon)

image005.jpg

from the info that FWC have sent me it looks like it SHOULD work, but as FWC are US based, and I am north (banff, alberta, canada) this is not really a "stop in and lets see if it fits" kind of deal.

I know that the wheel wells are placed differently on the hilux vs the newer, north american toyotas, but not sure if that will be an issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this at all?

thanks

can't offer any advice on this one but i hope it fits because that is a sweet rig and would be even sweeter with a FWC! keep us posted!

I second erod and say that is not only an unusual rig for what I have seen in N.America but very cool....Good luck , wish I could help..
Brian

The location of the wheel wells from front to back shouldn't matter. It's the width between the two wheel wells and the height from the floor of the bed to the top of the rail that matters.

Maybe stop by a car dealership with a measuring tape and see if the Frontier bed and other double cabs have similar measurements to your Hilux....?

That's a great truck and whatta combo that will make. I wish we could get those in the states.

thanks guys.

I'll measure between the wheels and also the inside of the box to see.

The falcon just drops into the Frontier? no issues? Not to wide anywhere?

Here is a general sketch of the Falcon.

Just use these as a general guideline!

The measurements should be very, very close, but I can't guarantee them to be exact.

E-mail me if you want me to send you a beter picture (larger), I can't seem to get it to show up full size without being too large to attach.

My direct e-mail address is = stan@fourwh.com

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• FALCON SKETCH.jpg
    FALCON SKETCH.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 230
well put kc, good luck with this mntlion and keep us posted!

Nice truck mntlion and a diesel Toyota at that. Can't say I've ever seen one.
Before I bought my Tacoma I drove a '82 long bed Toyata 4x4 for 18 years and it was in good running order when I sold it though the body had suffered from all that time in snow county.
Good Luck

The other important measurement to consider, is from the bottom of the camper to the underside of the cabover. You want to make sure the cabover/bunk portion will clear the roof of your trucks' cab by a couple of inches.

I can't find a link to the pdf Stan posted on FWC's site to make it larger, so I circled the measurement in red. You should get a fullsize of those measurements from Stan. But if they are similar, the camper should just slide right in.

I have an inch or two on both sides, between the camper box and both wheel wells. The rear extends about 3 inches past the end of the bedbox but about equal with the rear bumper and I have approximately 3 inches from the top of my cab to the underside of the cabover. The sides of my camper are flush with the bedrails, no overhang but several models do extend a couple of inches over the rails, on both sides.

Hope this helps. I'd love to see a 4dr diesel HiLux/FWC combo!

Attachments

• FALCON%20SKETCH 2.jpg
    FALCON%20SKETCH 2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 248
here is an enlarged sketch

should be easier to read

also attached -- Eagle Model mounted on a similar truck

(so, in theory the Falcon would most likely fit)

Attachments

• falcon sketch 1.jpg
    falcon sketch 1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 200
  • P2180108.JPG
    P2180108.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 248
is it much of an issue if the camper hangs over?

assuming that the falcon will fit, an eagle will too (and give me 18 more inches living space?)

do you keep the tailgate on (and down) or remove it?

Back
Top Bottom