Will a FWC Keystone fit on Full size short bed

LK Truckee

I have a 1999 Dodge 2500 diesel short bed. I'm looking at putting a Keystone on it. I'm hoping someone else has tried it or has a comment or suggestion. I know it will hang off the back with the tel gate down. Will it offset the center of gravity? Will the boat not plane? Thanks

Probably not the best idea to put that long of a camper on your truck.

:(

If you are looking at a "new" Keystone Model, yes in theory it will fit on your truck.

But I don't think we will sell one to a customer with a short bed truck.

We have, once, and it was exactly what the customer wanted.

We went as far as putting a showroom Keystone Model on his truck before we took his order to make sure he was going to be OK with how far it stuck over the tail gate on his truck.

But it just didn't look right too us.

If you have your eye on an older "used" Keystone Model, there is a good chance it will be TOO wide to even fit in your truck bed.

The older trucks bed (1992 or older for Dodge) were wider than the newer Dodge truck beds (1995 - 2012).

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

I would be glad to help with new or just used questions.

Good luck on your search.

:)

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 537
  • P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 453
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 461
  • P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 441
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 514
I don't know about the Keystone in question but FWC marks the CG of it's campers with a little sticker on each side. On my Eagle that's about midway along the side window, which on my Ranger puts the Eagle's CG ahead of the rear axle. I'd assume something as long as the Keystone in a short bed is going to have it's CG well behind the rear axle, not a good idea for driving stability. See if your have the CG sticker on it.

I have a Grandby on a Ram 1500. The Grandby goes to the edge of the tailgate when it is dropped. I wouldn't want anything longer that what I have. I'm not sure if the 3/4 ton would make that big of a difference in the stability of the load. Looking at Stan's pictures, I don't think so.

Thanks everyone your comments are very helpful. I've decided to keep looking and save my pennies. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom