Winchester Model 1873 Rifle Recovered in Great Basin N.P.

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
Speaking of history... This story is officially "Trending" on Facebook.

10394078_930528703659121_2639941770128675848_n.jpg

I can't believe that I wasn't already following Great Basin N.P.'s Facebook page (since GBNP is one of the most special places to me)...but I am now. :)

Very cool. Amazing no one spotted it till now. Great basin is on my very short list (maybe even the end of the month?) of places to see soon.

craig333 said:
Very cool. Amazing no one spotted it till now. Great basin is on my very short list (maybe even the end of the month?) of places to see soon.
Better take an extra pair of long johns! It is just a bit on the nippy side this time of year. It's a great park!

Pretty interesting find.
Over the years I owned 3 model 73's actually hunter with one of them.
Two rifles and a carbine.Nice firearm.Only the 73's took a pistol cartridge 38/40 44/40 ect.
Frank

craig333 said:
...Great basin is on my very short list (maybe even the end of the month?) of places to see soon.
I've been to GBNP many times over the past 25 years -- it's one of my most favorite places. :)
I think more than half of those visits have been in winter. My most-recent winter trip to GBNP was 2 years ago. Yes, it can be cold -- and that last time I was there it dropped below 0F the coldest nights...but it's a dry cold. ;) And it's a beautiful cold!

Almost as nice as the beauty is the fact that frequently you'll have the whole c.g. to yourself mid-winter.

Go, Craig, go -- in winter!

Back
Top Bottom