wind deflectors

The Nissan Frontier comes with a factor roof rack and wind deflector. Works great but I had to add foam tape, as at certain speeds with the camper it would fwap away and make tons of noise.

Attachments

• FWC.jpg
    FWC.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 514
I have been thinking about mounting a large Yakima fairing directly to the camper by attaching some strips of metal to the underside of the cabover and bending them to the proper angle and then attaching to the fairing. Anyone else thought about this or actually done it?

These are photos I have saved over the years just for reference.

Attachments

• Faring - Custom 1.JPG
    Faring - Custom 1.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 572
  • faring - custom 2.JPG
    faring - custom 2.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 650
  • Faring Custom #6.JPG.jpg
    Faring Custom #6.JPG.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 596
  • Faring Custom #7.JPG.jpg
    Faring Custom #7.JPG.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 587
Ski,
That looks like a great mounting place for a bendable PV panel even if just using some hooks or straps to hang the panel after setting up camp. Just a thought.

Paul

Thank's. I made it myself ;)
I use this deflector within two years
Wow, nice fairing, Nikol! Very professional. Interesting storage behind also. What do you keep there? I think if I build one, it will be a hybrid of your design and one from ski3pin's saved pics (above).

Robert

RnK said:
Wow, nice fairing, Nikol! Very professional. Interesting storage behind also. What do you keep there? I think if I build one, it will be a hybrid of your design and one from ski3pin's saved pics (above).

Robert
Thank you, Robert. I did this storage for the table and other little things

IMG_6283.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6260.JPG
    IMG_6260.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_6261.JPG
    IMG_6261.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 658
REI & Rack Attack have Yakima at 20% off sale. REI sale is through the 21st, Rack Attack through the 28th. Both will sell single bar sets. One bar, Q towers, Q clips, lock cores, and windshield = $285.50.

Scott

SCUD said:
REI & Rack Attack have Yakima at 20% off sale. REI sale is through the 21st, Rack Attack through the 28th. Both will sell single bar sets. One bar, Q towers, Q clips, lock cores, and windshield = $285.50.
After a couple years use, I'm still very happy with my Yakima single bar with fairing on my Tacoma with Fleet. It's not cheap, but is easy to install and very stable. I'd recommend getting the Q tower locks, too, just in case.

Great ideas! 2 2x4's screwed and glued make a great deflector. Not sure it helps with the gas mileage, but it must, I think

Attachments

• IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 12
Bosque Bill said:
After a couple years use, I'm still very happy with my Yakima single bar with fairing on my Tacoma with Fleet. It's not cheap, but is easy to install and very stable. I'd recommend getting the Q tower locks, too, just in case.

Same here...have two Q towers/bars and built a platform between them for dry bags with seldom used but needed gear...Used Yakima wind deflector on front tower bar...seems to push some [most] bugs and air up and over rather under overhang..

I never want to screw anything into the outside of my Hawk...but some of the installs shown are very cool..

Phil

Back
Top Bottom