Winnebago finally did it

A lot of that style "roadtrac"van are hugely priced.
But if you have that kind of coin,well.
We met a couple last at Lassen who had a Roadtrac
and they showed the inside and it was like a cave.
Cabinets overhead on the sides and the bed had to be made up in the rear.
Felt very cramped for such a high price.
Our campers are a lot more open inside.
Well all this is personal choice.
I'll stay with my Bobcat.
Frank

Nicely equipped rig. Although with that wheel base and how low to the ground it is it would have major clearance problems with rocks on some of the trails I drive or going very far off road. It is also lacking enough roof solar for the battery capacity and all the electrical (cooking, fan, entertainment, etc) unless a portable was added or a generator was used. Good they have it prewired for that. Lot of money-should be well equipped. Just $108,000 more than my truck and Fleet. Plus the average repair costs for a Tacoma is 348 where the Mercedes is 1,679, so the difference just keeps going up.

I bought one for $102K (no options other than the "required" option), and expect delivery in Feb 2018. I plan to add larger wheels and tires for better off-road driving. Van Compass sells a skid plate for it. The van is a lot cheaper than a Sportsmobile!

Mostly curious as to what items that can be deleted. I'm not wanting AC, awning or the roof rack if it's possible to delete. Ron

Well there's the standard vehicle A/C that works when driving. I meant delete the big A/C that sits on the roof.

Back
Top Bottom